Koodo Community

Community

Solved

voicemail issues

When setting up the voicemail I had to use the koodo one because of the noises when trying to set up my greeting. Now when I listened to the first message left, I get the same noise, like feedback, so I can barely make out the message. I have tried the recorder on the phone and it records and plays fine. I also can talk on the phone without the noise. Not sure what is going on. It is a 3 year old LG banter. Any ideas??

12 replies

Userlevel 2
It sounds like it's an issue with either the Microphone or the speaker.
I used the recorder on the phone and that worked perfectly for recording and playback so I don't think the microphone or speaker is an issue.
Userlevel 2
Well it's not an issue with the Voicemail, because it records from the microphone. This is why I believe it's an issue with the phone. A service can't produce feedback noise. Feedback noise is always hardware related. At any rate, your phone is way beyond the warranty options, so I would suggest looking at getting a new phone.
I only get this noise with the recorded message that was left on the voicemail and when I tried to record my name for the greeting. Other then that the phone works perfectly. The microphone and speaker work perfectly with everything else.
Userlevel 2
Christine wrote:

I only get this noise with the recorded message that was left on the voicemail and when I tried t...

Then I wish you luck in a resolution. There is nothing further I can add without repeating what I've already stated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Christine wrote:

I only get this noise with the recorded message that was left on the voicemail and when I tried t...

Well rumour has it Telus/Koodo is working on shutting down their CDMA network (which is the network that your phone now works on) in 2014 so if true you'll have to upgrade to a smartphone very soon anyways, you might as well start looking now.
Userlevel 2
Christine wrote:

From what I read, it was 2015, not 14.
Christine wrote:

thank you.
Christine wrote:

not so easy to just go out and get a new phone when money is very tight, but thanks for the help.
Userlevel 2
Christine wrote:

Yeah, understandable. You can always use your tab.
Christine wrote:

just sucks, its a perfectly good phone except for the voicemail issue. I was hoping it was just some setting that needed changing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Christine wrote:

Ya I just read by 2015 which I took as it happening some time in 2014.