Koodo Community

Voicemail Fail to answer

• 17 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Quite often my voicemail fails to answer. It happens when I lose service on the cell phone. When I attempt to access vm from a land line there is dead space for quite some time then it becomes a busy signal. 

In the past I would get dead space when the network could not reach my cellphone but the vm would always eventually pickup. This was very annoying but now this new issue is ridiculous. The location that is having issues is in the sw along glenmore and crowchild in Calgary. There is nothing wrong with the phone, this issue only happens during the transition from signal to no signal. In my case this happens alot. I am beginning to get complaints from contacts and associates .

5 replies

No. I am unable to make a cal when I have no service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I test it quite often when I try to retrieve my voicemail messages using a TELUS landline. Like I was saying, Quite often I would simply get dead space. This I assume is the network trying to locate my phone. Eventually after a really long time the voicemail would answer however lately its has simply given me a busy signal (after the dead space) and then hangs up. If I call back right away it goes to voicemail without any trouble at all.

When this happens are you able to make calls to others?

Badge +4

Your phone seems like it's working okay, perhaps a ‘voicemail service’ reset is in order. I would suggest scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist, enter #socialtech in the dialogue box to get to the ‘schedule a callback’ window quicker. Or send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a direct message via Twitter. Keep us posted.

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo

Yes I test it quite often when I try to retrieve my voicemail messages using a TELUS landline. Like I was saying, Quite often I would simply get dead space. This I assume is the network trying to locate my phone. Eventually after a really long time the voicemail would answer however lately its has simply given me a busy signal (after the dead space) and then hangs up. If I call back right away it goes to voicemail without any trouble at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Calls go to voicemail when there is no answer or when the phone is not connected to a network.  So when there is no signal, it should mean that it is not connected to the network and automatically move calls to voicemail.

Have you tested this with a friend or family member to call you during these specific scenarios to confirm the trigger to this problem?