Koodo Community
Question

Visual Voicemail on Samsung?

I just noticed I have a new app on my Samsung Note 10+ called Visual Voicemail (Version 12.1.00.32).  It probably came with the last update from last week.

Does anyone know if this app is from Samsung or from Koodo?  Does Koodo now offer Visual Voicemail on Samsung phones?

Thanks.

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello,

Visual Voicemail (VVM) allows you to see a list of your messages on your Android phone and choose which ones to listen to or delete without having to listen to voice prompts or previous messages. Features include:

• One-click access to view the list of messages.

• Ability to select directly on the handset screen which messages to listen to without having to wait for voice prompts.

• No password required to access VVM after the initial set-up. Initial password must be created by holding down the “1” key and completing the Tutorial.

To enable the Visual Voicemail functionality on their eligible Android device and use the feature, customers must:

• Update Android OS to version 8.x “Oreo”

• Subscribe to a VVM feature

• New customers will have to initialize their Visual Voicemail the first time they access the feature

• Existing customers do not have to reset their greeting or password

• VVM feature changes must be done in a single transaction; to avoid messages being deleted.

The price for this add-on is $5 per month and you can add it your self on your Self serve account.

Best regards, 

Helen

@Helen Koodo , Is it available on Samsung phones now?  According to the support article, Samsung phones are not supported yet, but maybe soon since I got the app automatically installed from Samsung/Koodo firmware update?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/visual-voicemail

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi,

As you noticed, Visual Voicemail is available only on selected Android phones. If you are interested to get more information you can always try to contact the manufacturer on Live Chat via the website - https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/ or 1-800-726-7864. 

All the best,

Helen

@Helen Koodo , Is it available on Samsung phones now?  According to the support article, Samsung phones are not supported yet, but maybe soon since I got the app automatically installed from Samsung/Koodo firmware update?

Hi zaptor 

If you activate the iPhone VVM option on your koodo account,  the Visual voicemail app will work. 

You will likely need to clear cache /clear data on the app, but it will indeed work on the newer note phones  (Note 9 and up) as well as the galaxy S10 and up.

I have it working at the moment on my note10. :)

Hi zaptor 

If you activate the iPhone VVM option on your koodo account,  the Visual voicemail app will work. 

You will likely need to clear cache /clear data on the app, but it will indeed work on the newer note phones  (Note 9 and up) as well as the galaxy S10 and up.

I have it working at the moment on my note10. :)

How do I activate iPhone VVM on my Koodo account. I can only see one optional add-on of Visual Voicemail.

The optional add-on Visual Voicemail...is the add-on that you need. :wink:

Remember, you’ll need to ensure that you have the right samsung handset:

- Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy A71
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy A10e

(i.e. it won’t work on your galaxy 7.8.9, or Note 8/9.  It HAS to be a newer handset, such as the ones above)

One quick way of seeing if it it will work is to look at your handset and see if there is a “visual voicemail” application.  If there is, you should be able to get this working by adding the optional Add-on via koodo self-serve

(I believe the Galaxy A51 will work, but don’t quote me on that...)

I do have the visual voicemail app since the last update. I have a Note 9 also and when I added the visual voicemail addon it still didn't work. 

It said it could take up to 15 minutes to become active, but 3 hours later and it still says I'm not set up for it.

Do you have the visual voicemail app on your Samsung note 9?

It will need the latest SW update for the app to show up.

If the app is not on your phone it will not work. 

I do have it since the latest update. 

Added the add-on to my plan about 4 hours ago. Still not working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you try restarting your phone after your added the visual voicemail add-on?

I did, yes. If yours says iPhone visual voicemail, it could be something no longer offered. I tried everything. 

Ok, having the app is important, so that is half the battle. 

This one step is rather straightforward:

Find and Hold down the “visual Voicemail” icon on your phone, go to “app info”

Then go to the “storage” option, click on both clear cache/clear data.

Try and fire up the app again and report back.

It worked!

Excellent news!  Glad to hear it is up and going.  :)

I have a Samsung  s10+. 

it works!

Awesome!  🙌.  As long as you have one of the correct android handsets, the visual voicemail app on the phone as well as the visual voicemail option on koodo for iPhone,  you'll be set.  😊