Koodo Community
Solved

Using positive balance toward new phone

• 3 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hey so I’ve been looking at getting a new plan as mine is very outdated and I’m limited to 1gb data but paying the same price as a 10gb plan ($60-70/mth I believe). I’m currently overpaid by about $660, would I be able to use this balance toward a new phone, rather than me paying out of pocket? Not sure if anyone would be able to answer it but I appreciate it. 

icon

Best answer by Allan M 4 November 2020, 22:02

No, the money that has been overpaid on your bill can be used for future bills or you can contact koodo to have it refunded to you by cheque which takes 4-6 weeks i believe.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo abolished postiive tab balance a long time ago. What makes you think you have 660 of POSITIVE tab balance? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can change your plan on self serve whenever you want.  No need to stay on an outdated plan.

With that said, I would wait for Black Friday sales

Koodo abolished postiive tab balance a long time ago. What makes you think you have 660 of POSITIVE tab balance? 

I have $660 overpaid on my bill, maybe not tab balance. Why bother arguing semantics if you’re not going to answer the question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, the money that has been overpaid on your bill can be used for future bills or you can contact koodo to have it refunded to you by cheque which takes 4-6 weeks i believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have $660 overpaid on my bill, maybe not tab balance. Why bother arguing semantics if you’re not going to answer the question?

Not everyone’s first language is english, and as an english speaker myself, you were far from being clear and I can see why someone thought you were referring to a tab.

Otherwise, Allan has the answer you are looking for.