Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US Text Messaging No Roaming Add-on - $5 per day or $5 per trip?

Going to the USA for 5 days, and will be using my Koodo plan to text (but not phone or data). I won't likely send more than 50 texts while there. On the following link it says that if you don't want to add a roaming addon, it will cost $5 for 100 txts. Does anyone know that means $5 per day, or $5 for the duration spent outside of Canada? http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling

3 replies

Userlevel 7
5$ per 100 sent while outside of Canada Edit for example, I send 235 text while I'm in Miami on my private yacht while I party with Pitbull and Ne-yo (regardless of how many days in there). Koodo charges me 5$ for the first 100 then again at text 200. So when I get back, Koodo will have charged me 10$
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

5$ per 100 sent while outside of Canada Edit for example, I send 235 text while I'm in Miami on...

Exactly! 🙂 It's $10 for 200 outgoing messages since you are charged $5/100 SMS while roaming in the US. However, if we're talking about 235 SMS, it will cost $15.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

5$ per 100 sent while outside of Canada Edit for example, I send 235 text while I'm in Miami on...

My math bad my math good my math do things your math wish it could