Koodo Community

Community

Solved

us text add on didnt activate

I texted 3TXT to 4545. How long should it take to activate?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
EDIT: It should be active right away, I would log into Self Serve to see if it's on your account. Make sure you also add international voice roaming for your phone to work down there.
I texted 3TXT to 4545. I did this last year and it sent me an activation text within a minute. Nothing yet this year. I have no spending limit program.
Userlevel 7
Colin Percy wrote:

I texted 3TXT to 4545. I did this last year and it sent me an activation text within a minute. No...

Sometimes it's just delayed. Happens to my texts sometimes too; I have seen them come in even hours later.
Colin Percy wrote:

I texted 3TXT to 4545. I did this last year and it sent me an activation text within a minute. No...

Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colin Percy wrote:

You are good to go Colin! I see the feature on your account. 
Userlevel 3
I've used this add on twice this summer and the activation text came to me within 5 minutes each time. I made sure to activate the add on about 2 hours before crossing the border and before I lost CDN service. It worked well except for a few late arriving texts incoming but I related that to low signal of the roaming network.
I tried activating it this mornong with no success, sent the text to 4545 but gotno answer... I also tried calling customer support but the wait time is 55 minutes 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Monica - is your account under a different name? If I'm looking at the correct line (ending in 158), I don't see anything added as yet. What exactly did you text to '4545'?
3TXT, I sent the sms three times actually.
The line number ends in 3788, it's under the name Alexandru Dovlete
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the details. Not sure why it hasn't been added, so I'd recommend you reach out to one of our service agents through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/ They'll be able to authenticate the account and see what the block might be. If everything checks out, they can manually add the option for you.