Koodo Community

Community

US roaming Plans from Wind

I travel to the US a lot and just saw this offer on wind and I would like Koodo to look into doing something similar. WIND is the first Canadian carrier to give you true mobile freedom in the USA. Get unlimited data, talk and text while roaming in the continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands for only $15/month. Check out included features in the US table below

6 replies

Userlevel 6
I hope you're joking Greg. You'll never see what Wind did on any of the nationwide carriers (Telus/Bell/Rogers) and their offspring (Koodo/Virgin/Fido). First reason is they don't see Wind as competition and, as such, simply ignore what they (Wind) come up with. Second reason is even simpler: if you're a nationwide Canadian carrier and you suddenly offer a $15/month unlm roaming package, what do you tell the customers you charged $3K a couple months/years back? Yeah, it won't end well. So because of this Greg, and as much as I'd like to see it too, it's not happening. Sorry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I find it interesting that Wind claims to offer unlimited talk text and data anywhere in the US for $15 when they can't offer it everywhere in Canada for three times that price.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I find it interesting that Wind claims to offer unlimited talk text and data anywhere in the US f...

Agreed!!! If Wind offered anything that good Canada wide, I might even look into it (forgive me, Koodo! lol)
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I find it interesting that Wind claims to offer unlimited talk text and data anywhere in the US f...

Apparently, negotiations went better with T-Mo and AT&T than they did with Robellus...
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If Robellus inter Canada Roaming rates it charges smaller carrier weren't so out of line with costs, you'd see wind/pc mobile/mobilicity with a larger service area. And Canadians would have a more competitive wireless industry.

David is right. Wind is a fly buzzing around Robellus's gigantic toad like head. Should Robellus get hungry at some point it may simply eat said fly. For now it's just a minor annoyance to be ignored
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Harper had a good idea and executed it poorly. The new entrants should have been given free access to towers not in a major city for the first 10 years or so. Even a discounted rate would have been preferable