Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US Roaming newbie help?!?!

I am Canadian and am in the States until Saturday, I signed up through text for U.S. Data with Unlimited Minutes & Text 3 days $30 Unlimited minutes 150 MB of data Unlimited outgoing texts Free incoming texts but  I have NEVER done this before and my phone keeps telling me: "Data roaming: you have lost connectivity because you left your home network with data roaming turned off."  But when I go into the data roaming section, it warns me if I turn on data roaming, "using mobile data while roaming may result in additional charges". YIKES!! Please help? I am sure it's a simple answer but compltetely foreign to any of this, what's the right answer so I am not paying for extra?! Turning on the roaming, or leave it off?!?! HELP!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
If using Roaming, unless you need to use it, Keep it off to conserve the Mins and Txt and/ or Data
Userlevel 7
Hi Amber, Your phone doesn't know that you've added a roaming package so if you want to use data while you're roaming, you'll need to turn data roaming on. The warning your phone gives you is just a general warning. Have a great trip
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Amber, Your phone doesn't know that you've added a roaming package so if you want to use d...

Thanks I feel silly not knowing that snswer but appreciate the answer regardless!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Hi Amber, Your phone doesn't know that you've added a roaming package so if you want to use d...

Never feel silly for learning or asking how! 🙂