Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US 1x Data Roaming

Travelled to US after purchasing 10 day unlimited data and message add ons. Received a bill with US 1x Data Roaming charge of $88.00. Why???

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Did you actually purchase the proper 10 day package? The $40 US Roaming package is the one that includes data. If you bought a 10 day one that was less than $40, then you purchased one without data and were thus incurring pay-per-use charges on data. That or you went over the 250MB alotment which you bill should tell you how much data was used while you were roaming
Userlevel 6
Data is not unlimited on any of their packages. Minutes and messages are depending on which one you bought.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone do you have? If I recall, 1x data was a CDMA form of data, not the form used for GSM phones. EVDO (1x) data makes little sense if you are using a current smart phone, as it was used on the old flip phones (the ones without SIM cards) of about a decade ago. I suggest contacting Koodo directly to find out more.
Userlevel 7
David wrote:

What phone do you have? If I recall, 1x data was a CDMA form of data, not the form used for GSM p...

Those LG Banters are really well built. We still have one(not active) in the car for 911