Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Upgrading to an old plan...

Hello... Purchased a Moto G from Koodo as a Christmas.gift for my son who originally had a Blackberry. He had a basic plan with no data and now would like the same plan as myself. I currently have the Canada Wide Double Promo 30. I see that that plan is no longer offered and he doesn't want to spend the $40 where the new plans start off at. Is there any way we can get him onto the one I have?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No sorry he would have to choose a plan that is available right now. There is actually no way to get old plans the system will not allow it unfortunately.
Pretty sure that will be a no but I'll let others chime in as well.
Userlevel 2
Once a rate plan is expired, it cannot be selected.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Didn't that double 30 promo offer 200 minutes and 200MB data, Richard? You can actually consider prepaid for your son, if he uses around that much it'll cost $31 on prepaid - obviously if he uses less it would cost less and if he uses more, I'd recommend getting him the current $39 plan 🙂
Thanks for the answers everyone... I appreciate it! If we were to pay off his tab, could he get 10% off his monthly bill instead of it going towards a positive tab?
Userlevel 2
Richard Seguin wrote:

Thanks for the answers everyone... I appreciate it! If we were to pay off his tab, could he get 1...

That's correct Richard.
How do we go about that... do we have to call?
Userlevel 2
Richard Seguin wrote:

Yes, you have to call in to have it switched over.
Richard Seguin wrote:

Thank you...