Koodo Community
Question

Upgrading To A New Phone

When upgrading to a new phone and plan online, does the new phone already contain the SIM card when shipped? Or do I need to insert the SIM card from my current phone into the new phone?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The new phone will be shipped with a SIM, but it is simpler to use the SIM from your current phone, as you don’t have to register the new SIM .

The new phone will be shipped with a SIM, but it is simpler to use the SIM from your current phone, as you don’t have to register the new SIM .

My current phone is already unlocked, so would I get the same phone number on the new phone if it has a different SIM?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The SIM is associated to your account. So no matted what SIM you put in it, it has the number on the account as long as everything is set up in the SS

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to use the new SIM, you need to switch SIM in selfserve. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Otherwise the new SIM is not activated and can be used later

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And once you switch your smi, note that the only sim can be reactivated within 30 days under the same line (so it cant be used for another line.  After 30 days the sim is permanently dead.  So unless there is a good reason, i would just use your old sim in the new phone and save your new sim just in case.