Koodo Community
Question

Upgrading my phone/giving old phone to a family member

Hi Everyone

I want to upgrade my phone and keep my number, but then give my old phone to my daughter and activate that on a new line and number, is this possible? I saw on the self serve under bring your own phone the $45 plan that says a bill credit, but in the nitty gritty it says must have a tab. How are you supposed to have a tab if you are bringing your own phone?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Everyone

I want to upgrade my phone and keep my number, but then give my old phone to my daughter and activate that on a new line and number, is this possible? I saw on the self serve under bring your own phone the $45 plan that says a bill credit, but in the nitty gritty it says must have a tab. How are you supposed to have a tab if you are bringing your own phone?

Thanks

That is possible. All you need to do is to upgrade your phone on your own line and add a new line on a bring your own phone plan. You can also add the new line and choose a phone on a Tab on the same line in your account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Bill credit is for people who upgrade your phone on Tab. If you upgrade your phone, you are eligible for it.

If you want to add a line as BYOD for your daughter, then you don't get bill credit for that line.  But they might have bonus data promo for adding line.

Can you post " bill credit offer for BYOD" without personal info?  We might ba able to see what  that offer is about.