Koodo Community
Solved

Upgraded data, now it shows less

• 17 September 2020
  • 5 replies

A couple days ago I upgraded to 8gb of data, I was previously paying for 5gb. Today I get a warning that I’ve hit the max, so I check the account and it says I only have 2gb.

Anyone know what the hell is going on here? I’m currently on the road travelling and have zero data. The reason I upgraded it was so that I had one less worry while driving.

This is frustrating, I’ve been trying to use the automated chat thing, and that’s pretty useless for anything more than the most basic stuff.

How do I deal with this issue in my account??

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dinh 17 September 2020, 18:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The new data upgrade will kick in at the beginning of the new cycle. Until then you can only use a prorated portion of the data.

Really? I wish I knew that before I upgraded. I did that so I wouldn’t have to worry about data while I’m on the road for 2 days, and now I’m on day 2 of my trip and I have zero data. And koodo is offering my 1gb for $10, that’s even more pathetic…

Buh bye koodo, this is enough to make me leave. I feel like this entire setup is only done to screw customers out of more money.

Userlevel 7

I am only a customer like you and I sympathize with your frustration. In many cases, our frustration is a result of not knowing the ‘rules of the game’ and/or not asking enough questions. For me, as a new customer (less than two months with koodo), I am finding that this community blog and the participating community members, ‘help spread the word’, especially spread information that is not readily visible to other customers.  Good luck in whichever way you decide to take.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Really? I wish I knew that before I upgraded. I did that so I wouldn’t have to worry about data while I’m on the road for 2 days, and now I’m on day 2 of my trip and I have zero data. And koodo is offering my 1gb for $10, that’s even more pathetic…

Buh bye koodo, this is enough to make me leave. I feel like this entire setup is only done to screw customers out of more money.

Carriers are doing this for postpaid customer, you can check out Fido and Virginmobile and see. you can find more information here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

If you only see 2GB, you likely changed your plan when you have 7 days left in the billing cycle?

Also, when you changed your plan, there was a note of confirmation of data proration similar to the snapshot below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@chrissielynn if it makes you feel any better, we (the mobile masters) really pleaded with Koodo to do away with proration altogether, especially if the customer changes to a plan with more data/minutes. In our opinion the larger minute/data bucket should go in effect immediately for the entire billing period.

However, Koodo does as Koodo pleases and they chose not to implement this… well it’s their company of course so not much we can do other than complain, or vote with our feet as you seem determined to do. Just know that most of us agree with you :)