Koodo Community

Community

Update iPhone plans

As of right now I have to pay and extra $20 a month to add Nationwide calling to my plan to talk to my mom who lives in the SAME province. Because I have an iPhone contract nationwide calling is not included, and to call my mother who lives 5 hrs away is considered long distance. My bill is now sitting around $90 rather than the usual $60 I paid for my android, and the previous $45 I paid for my old keybo. I used to tell my friends that you couldn't beat the prices at Koodo. I don't feel the same way anymore, due to the differences in iPhone plans. Thanks for reading!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
The only reason Koodo has the contract Iphone plans is due to Apple requiring a subsidized contract option for the carrier to sell the Iphone. the plans are horrible compared to the others and should never be picked as it will cost you more in the end then just buying phone on tab. I can only guess Koodo was hoping people would notice and not waste time getting a contract plan, cause they would prefer customers get a tabbed plan since that's how they work normally
you are totally right ! Why is this diffrence between the regular plans and the iphone plans ? Recentely the call display was added to those plans.Who knows may be the canada-wide calls in the future ?!, I hope this is the 1st step towards the right direction
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get it solved ! wrote:

you are totally right ! Why is this diffrence between the regular plans and the iphone plans ? Re...

Because you get the phone for a reduced price. Therefore they need to make their money back. I strongly disagree with those plans. They are awful!
Userlevel 7
That's why you don't get an iPhone... or you get it on Tab. You're better off with the big 3 or Fido if you want an iPhone with a higher subsidy that badly.