Koodo Community
Solved

unlimited text and picture

• 19 August 2019
  • 11 replies

Hi, i have a plan with unlimited text and picture.
I used to be able to send and receive picture without having to turn on my data.
But now, i can't. I think this problem come from turnig wifi calling on. i have turn it off but nothing changed.
how can i get it back to work without my data?
i dont want to turn it on just for sending picture, because other app would use my data.

i have an android
icon

Best answer by Manu Koodo 20 August 2019, 19:35

@judithlambert I'd be glad to have a look but I see that you are using different email addresses with your Community account than with your Koodo self-serve, therefore I am unable to look up your account and discuss the issue here. Feel free to message us in private on Facebook or Twitter.
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You've always needed to have data enabled on the phone or picture messaging won't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Easiest ways to get picture messages without getting charged for background data usage.
  1. Connect to wifi and then turn data on
  2. $2 data block with MMS
You've always needed to have data enabled on the phone or picture messaging won't work.
me (before that) and all my family have been able to do it and they're are still able to do it without turning their data on, i don't understand
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You've always needed to have data enabled on the phone or picture messaging won't work.me (before that) and all my family have been able to do it and they're are still able to do it without turning their data on, i don't understand

What phone are you using? You might have sent picture through Wifi via 3rd party app (or imessage).

If you are trying to send photo as MMS (that is Paul was suggesting) you need to enable mobile data. If your phone allowes APN modification, you could modify the APN to avoid extra data consumption. You could search the forum for the way to do it.

If your phone allowes APN modification, you could modify the APN to avoid extra data consumption. You could search the forum for the way to do it.

all my family have samsumg galaxy A5 2017, and i have a pixel 3
i was actually looking at the APN, thinking it was probably that, because i have a APN that is just for MMS. I have followed instrutions to change my APN, but nothing changed.

koodo told me to reset my network setting, i did, nothing changed. i even reset factory my phone, nada.

i really think something changed with koodo when i activated the wifi calling, because that's when it all changed.

what really puzzle me is that i was able to do it before, so clearly something happened
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
@judithlambert I'd be glad to have a look but I see that you are using different email addresses with your Community account than with your Koodo self-serve, therefore I am unable to look up your account and discuss the issue here. Feel free to message us in private on Facebook or Twitter.
Hi, i have a plan with unlimited text and picture.
I used to be able to send and receive picture without having to turn on my data.
But now, i can't. I think this problem come from turnig wifi calling on. i have turn it off but nothing changed.
how can i get it back to work without my data?
i dont want to turn it on just for sending picture, because other app would use my data.

i have an android

How did you send/recieve MMS without turning on data? I am having the same problem but I have an iPhone 6. I have PPU data & don't want to be charged for data every time I turn on my data for MMS. I was told I need to have data turned on to send/receive MMS, but when I turn data on, the "system services" run & use up my data & I have to pay even though I have turned off all my apps so they don't use data.

Can someone from Koodo please help me as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you send/recieve MMS without turning on data? I am having the same problem but I have an iPhone 6. I have PPU data & don't want to be charged for data every time I turn on my data for MMS. I was told I need to have data turned on to send/receive MMS, but when I turn data on, the "system services" run & use up my data & I have to pay even though I have turned off all my apps so they don't use data.

You cant.
You can send imessages over wifi, you can get the data block, or you can connect to wifi before you turn on your data so that data doesn't get used but those are your only options.

You cant.
You can send imessages over wifi, you can get the data block, or you can connect to wifi before you turn on your data so that data doesn't get used but those are your only options.

So if I turn on wi-fi before turning on my data, then all my apps & "system services" will use wi-fi instead of data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes. Unless you have a setting on your phone that'll use up cellular data to augment wifi if signal strength is low. If you've got a phone with such an option, make sure it's off and anytime that you use wifi, it'll always only use that data.
contact then on facebook, they are quick to answer