Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited India Calling

India calling should be unlimited. Indian are second largest immigrants population in Canada. You would have remarkably growth in market share. Thanks H

20 replies

They have recently added Unlimited International Calling to India for $20. You still need to follow your rate plan if you do not have unlimited airtime.
Userlevel 3
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see unlimited calling to India for $20. Otherwise you'd have to add the LD saver at $3 a month and pay a long distance rate of $0.05 minute which is still fairly cheap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see unlimited calling to India for $20. Otherwise you'd have ...

Nope, India is there now, although it wasn't initially. Check under International long distance add-ons.
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see unlimited calling to India for $20. Otherwise you'd have ...

Once again the webmasters fail to update the website.
Userlevel 5
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Im curious where to find more information about this. I haven't gotten any info on it and cant find anything about it anywhere.
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

My point exactly Mark! It's available in self serve but the website doesn't show it.
Userlevel 5
Rocky Balboa wrote:

I don't even see it in my self serve, I just checked.
Userlevel 3
Rocky Balboa wrote:

You're right I wonder if Koodo can take a look into this.
Userlevel 5
Rocky Balboa wrote:

So just found out, its not going to be an unlimited India calling plan, its going to be $20 for 1000 minutes and overage will be only .02 a minute. But it wont be available until beginning of March unless something changes.
Userlevel 6
Rocky Balboa wrote:

It's on the website now.
Koodo sucks! Telus offers unlimited in $20.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HRB wrote:

If you desperately need to speak to India for more than 1000 minutes a month, feel free to switch to Telus. As it stands, 1000 minutes for $20 is $0.02/minute, which is a savings of $0.03/minute over the rate they previously offered. Bear in mind that they are not required to offer anything at all, as well as the fact that 20 years ago you would have been paying well over $1/minute for international long distance.
Userlevel 6
HRB wrote:

Do you really need to call India for more than 30mins/day? If so, you can leave Koodo & switch to Telus.
Userlevel 7
HRB wrote:

Telus plans for subsidy on even a mid range phone like the Nexus 4 start at $50 for a measly 150 Canada wide minutes and 200 MB of data... besides, if you're seriously going to talk more than 1,000 minutes a month to India, then get a VoIP service instead.
Userlevel 3
HRB wrote:

Then go to Telus then lol
Userlevel 4
HRB wrote:

Okay...let me understand this...Koodo sucks because they do not offer unlimited calls to India? That's funny. I wasn't aware that Koodo was a global company unless I'm missing something. *reads emails* Nope, didn't miss anything.
I have one word for you....Skype. Skype to Skype calls are free...what more needs to be said here? 🙂
Userlevel 6
RedMageX wrote:

I have one word for you....Skype. Skype to Skype calls are free...what more needs to be said her...

We all know there is no free lunch. Sky is not free either. Just cheaper. It still uses you cellphone's data allotment.
RedMageX wrote:

I have one word for you....Skype. Skype to Skype calls are free...what more needs to be said her...

Or you can simply use it over WiFi at home, or use Skype on your PC where home Internet usage cap is far greater than Cell data usage caps 😉
Userlevel 5
Hi HRB, Over the past year, we've received a lot of feedback asking for an add-on specifically for India! Our new Long Distance India add-on should be up your alley 🙂 It's not unlimited, but we think it's fair to offer 1000 minutes for $20/month and 0.02/min overage rate. Check out for more details: https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html