Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unlimited incoming call

Just want to ask if Koodo has removed the "unlimited incoming call" for all their plans? since its no longer on the description, if so, they should put in details in all plans that all incoming call will be taken off in the included minutes between 8am-6pm (nights are free and weekends) and extra charges applies.

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nothing should change from existing plans.

For new plans, they are as stated and only include what they say is included.  They would not state what is not included because that would be infinite.
I understand that, since the unlimited incoming call is or was a featured included in all their plans ( call&text, canafa wide) , now they changed it unless you subscribed with unlimited minutes. But they should have put it for FYI to future subscribers and current subscribers planning to update their plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

I understand that, since the unlimited incoming call is or was a featured included in all their ...

Past plans did not all include unlimited incoming calls.  it was a feature on certain plans that said they did
Jason Yu wrote:

I understand that, since the unlimited incoming call is or was a featured included in all their ...

I've been a subscriber since 2009 back then all plans includes free unlimited incoming calls, until recently ( last June)i knew that its no longer available when i inquired about changing plan with extra data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

I can't speak about the plans in 2009.  But when I joined in 2012, not all plans had unlimited incoming calls.  I joined mainly for the per-second-billing (which is no longer a thing)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

When the "free unlimited incoming" calls were included with your plan,  it said under the plans description 🙂
If it doesn't mention it, it doesn't included.

Jason Yu wrote:

They used to have it as free "unlimited incoming calls" regardless of what plan you are in, now they no longer stated in their site the "free unlimited incoming calls". Now you have to be aware and read whats included in each plan. Unless you have the unlimited minutes no worries with calling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

No question... you should almost hire a legal aide when you parse what's offered.

Unless specifically stated, no implied warranties, etc. etc. Nothing is ever mentioned when something is dropped, so always assume you are buying from a brand new position and what you may have now is just a historical snapshot (per-second billing, unlimited calling to 5 favourite numbers, etc.).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

My newly built house didnt even include a mailbox or even the house number because it wasnt specifically stated
Jason Yu wrote:

What im saying is before they have it in their ad bold and clear that "free unlimited incoming call", now its no longer available, thats why you have to read each plans details before choosing, unless going with unlimited minutes... Your example of a newly built house without a mailbox and house number is way out of reference, if you built it then its your choice not to put mailbox and house number, but you cant buy a house without it ( legally).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

I respectfully disagree

If they did that then they would also need to say in their ad bold and clear that "per second billing" is now no long available; "unlimited data"is now no longer available; "No Tab Discount" is now no longer available; "Future shop.gift card" is now no longer available; "iPhone 4" is now no longer available.  Where do you draw the line?  I know you think unlimited incoming calls is important, but someone else might think one of the other things is very important too.
Jason Yu wrote:

Lets focused on Koodo's plans add ons, since phone of course will be gone once new units are in, tabs and.gift card are i guess depends on their promotional period/season , but They did advised the changes from the "per second "billing to minute" so with unli data will be gone once you update/change your plan from the old one, but never read of the unli incoming call removed from call and text plan or maybe i just missed it.
Userlevel 7
Jason Yu wrote:

The unlimited incoming calling was on unlimited calling plans, it was never on minute plans. Koodo stopped giving unlimited minutes and went back to minute plans. There were no real changes to it. If you want unlimited incoming calls, get the add-on for ten dollars a month
Jason Yu wrote:

Really? Some of my friends with the call and text plan only (Old Plan 30 i think) they still have "unli incoming call", but i know once they change or update their plan they will lose it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

@ Mat
Actually my husband had a plan with 400 minures and unlimited incoming calls.

@ Jason.
They always describe if you have an "unlimited incoming calls" or not. 
They removed it now means it doesn't included anymore.
Jason Yu wrote:

I myself still have this feature( unli incoming call) and my Plan is not even Unlimited minutes, unless i upgrade my plan.
Jason Yu wrote:

@Mayumi
That's what in saying, before its available in almost all their plan ( all their plan is canada wide ) but currently its only available with the unlimited minutes plan. Or add $10 add on ..Thats why im asking, also i have the 400 min with unli incoming call.
Userlevel 7
Jason Yu wrote:

@Mayumi, wow. How many years old is that?? :P 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

I just found it from old Koodo bag 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jason Yu wrote:

Having previously worked for koodo, I can confirm that unlimited incoming calls was never included in all, or even on a majority of plans. Going back to when the plans only included minutes and texting, the highest plan was typically for unlimited minutes, while the next highest plan had limited minutes but unlimited incoming calls. On all other plans you were charged for both incoming and outgoing calls. In every case, unless a plan specifically stated that it included unlimited incoming, it did not. That feature was never a default.
Jason Yu wrote:

Youre right, but it was included in almost all their Plan except for Plan 20 or 25 but from Plan 30 or 35 and up most of my friends are still under this Plan which has "unli incoming calls"but currently its now removed, unless you get the Unlimited minutes plan or add $10 add on for unli incoming call.