Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited Everything!

Userlevel 3
I would love to see koodo come out with more of an unlimited everything plan, The plans with unlimited nationwide minutes are nice but not enough data. back around august koodo had the super 6GB plan but not unlimited calling, more and more customers want EVERYTHING unlimited that's why more people are going to wind (even though they have poor coverage) i think a lot of people would be very pleased with koodo if they made an unlimited nationwide calling unlimited text and 6GB plan and would be willing to pay more, (BTW virgin mobile actually came out with unlimited nationwide calling unlimited text and 6gb of data for $50 but it is exclusive to thunder bay for some reason)

23 replies

Userlevel 6
Be careful when they offer "Unlimited Data"...like Virgin it's unlimited but after 2GB it drops to 0.25MB speed which is ridiculously slow!
Userlevel 3
i wasn't saying i was switching i was just saying it would be nice if koodo came out with these plans, i have the 6GB plan and am conflicted cause recently i started going over my minutes but if i switch to an unlimited minutes package i will decrease my data majorly i would be willing to pay more to have everything unlimited and think it is something koodo should consider
Userlevel 7
Luke Michael Lindsay wrote:

i wasn't saying i was switching i was just saying it would be nice if koodo came out with these p...

You could always tell everyone else to call you instead since unlimited incoming is included in the Super 6GB 😛 Unlimited everything would be amazing but I don't expect it anytime soon. At least not with any of the Big 3 or their subsidiaries
Userlevel 5

i wasn't saying i was switching i was just saying it would be nice if koodo came out with these p...

Ahmad's suggestion is a smart idea. To reduce your minutes usage, you can text or get the person to call you since you have unlimited incoming. Or maybe it is possible to use most of your minutes during the unlimited evenings and weekends section so you don't lose them.

I agree with you Luke. Not sure about yourself, but I'd be willing to pay more for it too. I figure if they can offer what's included in the Canada wide double promo for 56 dollars, something like what your talking about for 80 or 90 dollars seems fair.
Userlevel 3

That is not very ideal i don't want to text people and tell them to call me all the time and for work a lot of time i can't, not to mention older family members who don't even have cell phones, i'm not asking for options i'm simply giving ideas and think an unlimited data (6GB) + calling plan would please many customers
Badge +4

I had to get unlimited, business doesn't revolve around anytime after 5 or 7 pm.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for taking the time to share this thought with us Luke! Check our website often for new plans, they may not be unlimited but they could very well satisfy all of your needs 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a great idea but only of they don't throttle speeds so we can't stream videos here and there.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

This is a great idea but only of they don't throttle speeds so we can't stream videos here and th...

I guess it depends how much throttling they do. If they take LTE and throttle to HSPA speeds, I would have no problem with this.
It'd be an amazing idea to have Unlimited data, but like most cell companies (including the US), like mentioned above, they tend to throttle your speed down significantly once you hit a specific soft cap. Unlimited packages are a rare thing, and most people who still have them (In the American model) are grandfathered in, and changing anything on their plan will cause them to lose that unlimited usage. It's a shame really, since we all rely more and more on our mobile phones and smart devices, thus requiring more data, but not really having a cost effective means to utilize the data network without being charged more.
I dont believe Unlimited data is what is needed. I think It is a little to much for unlimited data. But I do know people with other canacdian companies with unlimited canada wide calling and 6gb of data. You really dont need more then that. If you do, you really need to learn how to use WIFi or you are using your mobile hotspot way too much. But a ulimited calling with 6gb would be nice to see for NO more then $80
Userlevel 1
smurfette wrote:

I dont believe Unlimited data is what is needed. I think It is a little to much for unlimited dat...

You obviously don't do much with your phone and live in a densely wifi available city... How is using more than 6gb too much ? I am trying to understand your reasoning....
smurfette wrote:

I dont believe Unlimited data is what is needed. I think It is a little to much for unlimited dat...

I really don't. I only use wifi at my house. When I am at work, which I work for Koodo, I use my data that is given to me. I even use my phone as a hotspot for customers and have still never gone over my limit. I am a heavy with watching YouTube video's when I am out, FB, twitter, ect. I only have met a very small handful of people (2-3) that can actually go over 6gb in a month.
Userlevel 1
smurfette wrote:

People don't go over their limits because the prices of data are way out of price. Saying that you don't know people who go over their limit is basically not a valid argument because people don't use wireless data that much for the reason I mentioned earlier...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
smurfette wrote:

I completely agree with Don I would use well over 6gb if it didnt cost so damn much. I use way over that on wifi because I'm always home right now if I wasn't home so much I wouldn't enjoy my phone much being limited to 6gb or less.
smurfette wrote:

6GB isn't a lot by any stretch. I consistently go over 2GB of data a month, and I'm carefully monitoring my usage due to the high costs of data fees. Telling someone to "Learn to how to use WiFi" isn't a valid argument for people who don't have readily available WiFi when they aren't at home. Hell, I've seen better speeds for downloading in some cases on my 4G data than my home internet connection. T-Mobile charges $70/month for Unlimited NATIONWIDE calling, Unlimited Messaging (text/picture/video) AND Unlimited Data. It's time the Canadian companies stop the stranglehold on Usage Based Billing
Userlevel 6
smurfette wrote:

Damon, while I completely agree with you, the stranglehold you mention is exactly what allows them (the carriers) to generate record profits every quarter. For this reason, it's not going away anytime soon, now or in the future.
smurfette wrote:

It will go away, we've already had a good start with their $30 plan with Unlimited Data (up to 5GB before they throttle). Yes it's only in "Wind Zones" but it at least seems most people who require a lot of data will be living (at least in Ontario) in the GTA area or in locations that are covered. Canada needs the level of diversity that the USA has, sure we have what, 7-9 different Cellular providers, but how many are owned by the Big 3? The CRTC shouldn't be allowing this kind of monopoly on this industry and embracing diversity in competition. We're consistently one of the highest charged countries in terms of Mobile fees, which shouldn't be the way it goes considering how advanced a society we are
I think i need more than 5gb in my data. I got $60 plan unlimited everything. Just the 5gb is not enough. But i love my plan. I just get jealous with my sasktel friend is unlimited included data its 65 bucks/month.
I read the SASK plan. They do not include roaming.. so its unlimited local area only.
http://www.sasktel.com/search/controller/_/Tab-4294966321/Ntt-why-sasktel
Userlevel 4
I do a ton of travelling within Canada so the 6GB plan I have is great. I never go over... I wouldn't be able to do one of those local area plans.