Koodo Community
Solved

Unlimited Evenings and Weekend meaning

• 8 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Does 'Unlimited Weekends and Evenings' apply to data or calling minutes. I have 100 miniutes Canada wide? It must only apply to data because my bill skyrocketed while only making long distance calls on weekends and after 5pm . Camm someone clarify, please?

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 9 November 2020, 08:35

Does 'Unlimited Weekends and Evenings' apply to data or calling minutes. I have 100 miniutes Canada wide? It must only apply to data because my bill skyrocketed while only making long distance calls on weekends and after 5pm . Camm someone clarify, please?

It doesn’t apply to data. This is only available for airtime minutes.

Based on what you said, you can use the 100 Canada-wide minutes anytime. On weekends and weekdays after 5pm, you can make unlimited calls. However, you did not state whether the plan includes unlimited Canada-wide minutes for evenings and weekends.

Make sure to check your plan to see if it includes Canada-wide calling or not. If your plan is a legacy one, there’s a possibility it is only limited to local calling. In that case, all your long distance calls in excess of the 100 minutes will be charged accordingly. 

To prevent this from happening next time, you can simply include an add-on for unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes for $2/month on your Self-Serve account.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which plan was it? Could you check your selfserve and take a snapshot of it and post it here? (without any personal information, pls)

“Unlimited Weekends and Evenings” applies to calling minutes not data. If your plan had a “canada-wide” minutes, that would allow unlimited Canada-wide minutes weekend and evening. If you called long-distance internationally, you will be charged extra. Also, as far as I can recall, unlimited time starts at 6pm (not 5pm). I would suggest you recheck your service agreement in selfserve and see the detail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesn’t apply to data. This is only available for airtime minutes.

Based on what you said, you can use the 100 Canada-wide minutes anytime. On weekends and weekdays after 5pm, you can make unlimited calls. However, you did not state whether the plan includes unlimited Canada-wide minutes for evenings and weekends.

Make sure to check your plan to see if it includes Canada-wide calling or not. If your plan is a legacy one, there’s a possibility it is only limited to local calling. In that case, all your long distance calls in excess of the 100 minutes will be charged accordingly. 

To prevent this from happening next time, you can simply include an add-on for unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes for $2/month on your Self-Serve account.

Well I finally figured it out! Thanks for the response! I was assuming that local calls didn't go against my minutes - wrong! So I have purchased unlimited so that I don't make any mistakes like that again! Not sure where to find fine print 'service agreement' but will search in the near future. Trying to call and speak to someone was a nightmare. Never happened.....

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well I finally figured it out! Thanks for the response! I was assuming that local calls didn't go against my minutes - wrong! So I have purchased unlimited so that I don't make any mistakes like that again! Not sure where to find fine print 'service agreement' but will search in the near future. Trying to call and speak to someone was a nightmare. Never happened.....

The service agreement should be available in your selfserve. You could log into Self-serve » My Profile » Your service Agreement » Download. The history of all agreements should show up there.

Thank you so much!