Koodo Community

Community

unlimited data plan

It would be great if you people would put an unlimited data plan then koodo would compete more with the other service providers

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You misspelled Wind. And unlimited data isn't gonna happen anytime soon.
Userlevel 1
Even when companies, such as Wind, advertise "unlimited data" it is only 10GB of data. It will be advertised as Unlimited Data* and under the * you will see it says under the "data fair usage policy", which in Canada means that the highest amount of data included in any plan is 10GB
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

Even when companies, such as Wind, advertise "unlimited data" it is only 10GB of data. It will be...

Wind is 5GB before they cap speeds.
Userlevel 1
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

Even when companies, such as Wind, advertise "unlimited data" it is only 10GB of data. It will be...

and can go as high as 10GB, at slower speeds after 5GB
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

No provider should force a speed cap.
Userlevel 3
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

Technically speaking Koodo has "unlimited" data you just end getting a bill for it.
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

That's like having unlimited airtime but being billed for it...
Userlevel 1
It's very common in third world countries where there is no infrastructure (and no other way) to get Internet connectivity so there you typically have a router with a SIM card in it and it supplies data for the whole house (via Wifi, much like a tethered phone does) as there isn't any other way but even there it isn't truly unlimited, after a certain amount of data transferred in a given, single day they slow you down aggressively until the next day (which is way better then it cutting you off entirely). In Canada we have the opposite, easy to get Internet almost anywhere so if a carrier ever did choose to offer truly unlimited data, people would simply discontinue their home internet service in favor of a tethered cell phone connection which would surely overload the cellular data network so it simply will not happen any time soon. They "could" do the same thing in Canada (give you full speed for a while and then throttle it back and call it unlimited) and I wish they would as you would never have to worry about overage charges or losing data completely but it seems they are too short sighted for this.
Unlimited data (throttled or otherwise) at a reasonable price would be cool. $5.00/50MB is ridiculous!!!! For me, data on a cell phone is a waste of money. The only time I miss having a data connection is when I'm in the car, and with distracted driving laws these days, how can you really use it anyway? BTW I'm usually within wi-fi for most of my day, and I'm very happy with that. If Koodo can keep the talk and text price low (which they are doing, the 30.00 plan is now $29) then I'm very happy!!! Here's a suggestion ...Koodo make the talk and text 200 plan $15.00 but increase data charges to $5.00 per MB