Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited data add on

It would be really nice if you could buy an unlimited data add on, or if you could purchase extra data without having to buy a new more expensive plan with things you dont need! ie. 75$ for 3gb and everything unlimited, like come on that makes no sense you could buy the 60$ plan and go over your data to get to 3gb and still pay less then 75$ for the same things! anyone else agree or am I the only one?

21 replies

Landon, this has been discussed on other threads as well. Right now the 2gb/$60 is a promo plan, so when the promo ends, it will be 1gb/$60, which would make $80 if you use 3gb. For example: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/_75_plan_is_a_crap_deal (not that I am in huge favor of the thread title but....) Let's wait and see what the new plans will be like when they revamp the tab system, and see what the "Large Tab Plans" are going to be... (Hoping for a 5 or 6gb plan myself)
Userlevel 6
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

Landon, this has been discussed on other threads as well. Right now the 2gb/$60 is a promo plan,...

I just wish they don't end up being a copy of Virgin's plans 😞 Still hoping for the best though!
Userlevel 1
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

Landon, this has been discussed on other threads as well. Right now the 2gb/$60 is a promo plan,...

Or wind plans!
Userlevel 6
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

err..... I wouldn't mind a copy of a $40 unlimited everything plan on a nationwide network........
Userlevel 5
I don't think they would offer a unlimited data add-on just yet unless they throttle the data at a certain cap and I'm sure no one wants that.
Userlevel 6
John Lee wrote:

I don't think they would offer a unlimited data add-on just yet unless they throttle the data at ...

Maybe we could have a new twist on the current plans... Have the choice to either pay overages past your allowance and keep your speed, or be throttled past your allowance, but no overages... Thoughts?
Userlevel 5
John Lee wrote:

I don't think they would offer a unlimited data add-on just yet unless they throttle the data at ...

I have a feeling most people would go for the "go past and get throttled" because that is basically unlimited data (throttled). I don't know. If Koodo wants to offer those kind of plans - that's ok I guess but I think it's wise to keep the plans the way it is now. Unlimited data would be nice but I just don't see it happening for a while.
Userlevel 6
John Lee wrote:

Agreed that we won't see it happening John. However, I fail to see how it would be "bad" to be throttled without overages and how it would be wiser to keep them the way they are now...? Maybe I'm simply missing your point entirely though, hehe.
Userlevel 2
John Lee wrote:

idk if this has changed but a while back if you went over 10GB then they disconnected your account. its probably still like that...
Userlevel 6
Unlimited data is a bit out of reach at this time. The data buckets will gradually increase (that's not even in question as it's always been like that) as the networks get faster and providers want to attract more internet using customers, but there's no money in unlimited data and it would likely congest the lines hardcore. Again, more data will come as it comes but unlimited data is pretty far off for now. Nothing wrong with having a "go big or go home" attitude though.
Will never happen. I could potentially see bigger data amounts, but not unlimited data. Even ISP's do not have unlimited data amounts.
Alex My ISp has unlimited Data. also Koodo has agreement to purchase GB of data at pennies while they sell it back to us with a huge mark up. They have to make money somewhere with the items the offer like long distance in Canada, and the unlimited package for air time packages is pretty decent too.You may see higher data packages as one company will out do another to get us to switch or get new customers. but you may never see a unlimited data package
Userlevel 2
Jerry E. Canning wrote:

Alex My ISp has unlimited Data. also Koodo has agreement to purchase GB of data at pennies while...

Who is your Internet Service Provider? Mine is Shaw, and they do not have an unlimited data option. Most, if not all ISPs will have a cap on the data. Most will never charge for overages unless you continually go over your specified data amount. There is also a big difference between unlimited data provided by an ISP and cell phone provider.
Userlevel 3
As far as my knowledge goes I think it's a by law that ISP's including cell phone carriers have to have internet caps on them. Which makes it impossible to offer unlimited data to anyone. Plus with users overloading the network it very costly for the carrier to make upgrades. Plus side to the consumer convinience but in the end it is COST! Not taking eighther side of the fence but upkeep for a cell phone network ain't cheap!
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

As far as my knowledge goes I think it's a by law that ISP's including cell phone carriers have t...

I have Rogers everything. In a 3-service bundle, they have a promo where I added $10 for unlimited bandwidth.
Userlevel 1
Rocky Balboa wrote:

As far as my knowledge goes I think it's a by law that ISP's including cell phone carriers have t...

What are you paying if you don't mind me asking?
Userlevel 7
Rocky Balboa wrote:

About $70 for my internet (25 mbps download, 3 upload, + unlimited bandwidth)and an 8% discount for bundling other stuff. It would be 12% but I had to seperate my wireless services onto a separate BAN to get my employee discount (50% off my rate plan, 1 line per carrier) for working at Mobile Shop.
Userlevel 1
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Nice
Userlevel 1
Forget the unlimited data as it's not happening in the foreseeable future. Koodo, give us 10gig of data and then throttle after that. Just don't charge an arm and a leg. $60 for unlimited talk and text Canada wide and 10gig of data.
Userlevel 6
samsvoc wrote:

Forget the unlimited data as it's not happening in the foreseeable future. Koodo, give us 10gig o...

Short of unlimited, this is the best compromise we could have! I wholeheartedly agree with you samsvoc. Sadly however, for all the bad unholy reasons in the world, I don't see that happening any time soon 😞 And I also don't see Koodo coming up with $100+/month plans to offer that (they'll just send them to Telus instead).
Userlevel 6
samsvoc wrote:

Forget the unlimited data as it's not happening in the foreseeable future. Koodo, give us 10gig o...

I don't really see a 10 GB plan coming soon either, a year ago Koodo offered 6 GB on two seperate promotional plans and has only recently added a regular plan to give half that much (outside MB and SK) at $10-$15 more expensive than said promo plans. (The new plan also has unlimited airtime, I guess, but no one cares about that anymore.)