Koodo Community
Solved

unlimited data

Telus now offers unlimited data is koodoo getting the same if so when?
icon

Best answer by Robert T 20 June 2019, 12:26

Don't get your hope too high. It's not unlimited. It's limited to 256Kbs. If you call this unlimited data, then I'm sure you'll get annoyed and feel like you have no data at all.@Robert T excellent point. that's 1/4 of 1Mbps for Roger and Bell once you hit the throttle, and 1/2 of 1Mbps (512Kbps) for Telus. This is a very painful speed.

Can you even surf the web with those speeds?
View original

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Doubtful. It looks to be a Robelus offering for now
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo did eventually come out with a plan as like Telus before Telus went with throttled overage data. I could see Koodo eventually matching that as well but time will tell.
I hope so even with theyre throttled data if its the same as telus its still double the speed of my internet at home. I need unlimited data i should of never gone with koodoo. They wont even transfer my plan over to telus.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don't get your hope too high. It's not unlimited. It's limited to 256Kbs. If you call this unlimited data, then I'm sure you'll get annoyed and feel like you have no data at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don't get your hope too high. It's not unlimited. It's limited to 256Kbs. If you call this unlimited data, then I'm sure you'll get annoyed and feel like you have no data at all.

@Robert T excellent point. that's 1/4 of 1Mbps for Roger and Bell once you hit the throttle, and 1/2 of 1Mbps (512Kbps) for Telus. This is a very painful speed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Don't get your hope too high. It's not unlimited. It's limited to 256Kbs. If you call this unlimited data, then I'm sure you'll get annoyed and feel like you have no data at all.@Robert T excellent point. that's 1/4 of 1Mbps for Roger and Bell once you hit the throttle, and 1/2 of 1Mbps (512Kbps) for Telus. This is a very painful speed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Robert T excellent point. that's 1/4 of 1Mbps for Roger and Bell once you hit the throttle, and 1/2 of 1Mbps (512Kbps) for Telus. This is a very painful speed.

Anything less than 2 MBPS is basically useless for modern surfing. 512K will be good enough just to check email without heavy attachments. You will be longing for the old Netscape days where there was a menu choice not to display graphics on the current page... just the text, m'am!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Very good marketing for them : "unlimited". This kind of bs shouldn't be allowed. And they boosted the price by 10$ to offer that?

Thanks to Videotron for showing them how it's done (17GB + no cap) : http://forums.redflagdeals.com/videotron-videotron-hot-deal-17g-same-speed-2292756/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And Sasktel for having 2mbps throttled speed. That's at least still use able.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BellMTS had true unlimited data within manitoba.

I hope so even with theyre throttled data if its the same as telus its still double the speed of my internet at home.
@Cvint how slow is your home internet? Is it dialup?

I need unlimited data i should of never gone with koodoo. They wont even transfer my plan over to telus.

If you want unlimited, why would you be angry that koodo wont transfer it's plan to telus? You would want Telus' unlimited plan instead
The telus plan doesnt include talk or text ne ways. So it doesnt matter. Maybe soon koodooll have sumin...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The telus plan doesnt include talk or text ne ways. So it doesnt matter. Maybe soon koodooll have sumin...
😮

Talk and Text are included with Rogers and Bell's unlimited plans. And Bell is $10 cheaper.
https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/smartphone-plans#noTabPlan
https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Cell_phone_plans/Unlimited-plans#INT=MOB_hmpg_BAN_BellUnlimitedPlans_Mass_061319_SD

I would double check with Telus, but I'm pretty sure they include talk and text too. It's stated on here but not in the create your plan page
https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/plans
yes but the problem is i have a tab with koodoo so id half to upgrade my plan within the company.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
yes but the problem is i have a tab with koodoo so id half to upgrade my plan within the company.
Then pay off the tab. You can use the phone elsewhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Doubtful. It looks to be a Robelus offering for now
I spoke too soon. Maybe the little 3 will be going toward this option too

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/06/20/virgin-mobile-75-10gb-plan-unlimited/?fbclid=IwAR1dvNQANxTJFN1o1jhoh9QPnHcJwrkeOQoDjk2rohr1IfWnKnTJVMr9RdQ
Cant afford to pay the tab off its like 800 bucks...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Cant afford to pay the tab off its like 800 bucks...
That's the consequences of buying a phone on a loan. You end up trapped. Next time save up for your phone and you can go no tab and have freedom. Be a slave to no provider
Userlevel 5
Apparently Virgin Mobile also has unlimited plans in their system now. But too high $75 10 GB like the "Premium" brands. 👎🏻
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Apparently Virgin Mobile also has unlimited plans in their system now. But too high $75 10 GB like the "Premium" brands. 👎🏻
Did you expect them to offer the same thing for lower? All the customers from premium bands would have jumped the wagon
Userlevel 5

Apparently Virgin Mobile also has unlimited plans in their system now. But too high $75 10 GB like the "Premium" brands. 👎🏻Did you expect them to offer the same thing for lower? All the customers from premium bands would have jumped the wagon

What is the purpose of second tier brands then? Why wasn't everyone jumping wagon from $90 6GB TELUS plan to $60 6 GB Virgin plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My guess is it's to push people onto the premium brands.

Cvint also if you have that much on your tab you got the bigger tabs. Plans are like 25 a month more for those than tab medium. You're paying more to get a bigger tab in the end. Unless you got lucky with a special plan. Always go for tab medium. If you can't afford a flagship phone then you can't afford it. There's no shame or societal reason to spend 1000-1500 or more on phones. Midrange phones are really good these days and even budget phones work great for almost everyone.
I used my router to throttle down to 512... works fine for browsing. And YouTube..
If koodo doesn't offer unlimited plans. I will be saying bye bye to koodo after 7 years. Lately koodo isnt a deal anymore. They are falling behind. I will be going to Roger's unlimited.

We are switching this week to another provider with unlimited data plans. We were trying to wait to see if Koodo would introduce this but it hasnt happened. Very unfortunate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We are switching this week to another provider with unlimited data plans. We were trying to wait to see if Koodo would introduce this but it hasnt happened. Very unfortunate.

It looks like this is where the separation of the big 3 (Rogers, Bell, Telus) and the little 3 (Fido, Virgin, Koodo) want to be differentiated.  I wouldnt expect unlimited data from the little 3 any time soon as this feature is what justifies the premium for the Big 3