Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited data

Userlevel 1
You started the unlimited calls, why not data too? Or at least the biggest pool data from Canada, it sounds Kokomo like, don't you think?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
lol has been suggested before but that would indeed be pretty sweet.
Daniel Kim wrote:

Do you know if unlimited data could happen soon
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Nope. Koodo will never do unlimited data. 
Userlevel 1
Unfortunately I didn't see it in the list of the ideas that they take it into consideration 😞
They need this or a data cap, where you are only charged up to a certain amount 5gigs over or something and then unlimited after that..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike Eikm wrote:

They need this or a data cap, where you are only charged up to a certain amount 5gigs over or so...

That's a billing cap. A data cap means they shut off your data when you hit your limit.
Userlevel 3
Mike Eikm wrote:

They need this or a data cap, where you are only charged up to a certain amount 5gigs over or so...

The CRTC is in effect. You cannot exceed more then $100 in overage. If you do your data will be cut until you authorize further use/charges.
Userlevel 6
Mike Eikm wrote:

it's actually $50 in Canada and $100 outside of Canada
Userlevel 4
Honestly, this probably will not happen anytime soon.
Userlevel 1
I like the way they do in some third world countries. You get so much data a day at full speed. If you exceed your daily allotment instead of the data not working or stopping working they simply slow you (and just you) down to ancient dial-up modem speeds until 24 hours has elapsed. Still more than fast enough for email to get delivered but not so fast that you are going to tether your unlimited data to your home network and start downloading movies. So in this way they are able to offer somewhat “unlimited” internet (enough per day to work for you and it never completely stops working) but not in such a way as you will be disconnecting your Internet connection at home any time soon and abusing the cellular network. Works well for me when I am abroad.
They should definitely add that, but sadly they are probably not going to. Unlimited data with the big 3 is pretty much gone.