Koodo Community

Community

Unlimited Data

Some other phone companies have unlimited data and it is the one thing that makes me think I should switch. If koodo had unlimited data, they would be perfect!

8 replies

Userlevel 4
This idea has been brought up several times in the past http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/unlimited_data_add_on-11jgoe That is one example. Currently, it is not planned to have unlimited data with Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Well the thing is, those "unlimited data" companies like Wind, Mobilicity, etc. have terrible coverage and reception, their data speeds are lower, AND it's throttled after 5GB due to a fair usage policy. Plus their Tab system policy (on Wind) will have to change due to the CRTC rules. Unless you're streaming videos all day on your phone, I don't see a need for it. I use around 1GB a month, sometimes more, but I wouldn't need much past 2GB.
I agree with Nicole, I would love to have unlimited data,even if its just for a month or 2 out of a year,be great use at my summer cottage where there is no internet, for being a loyal long-term customer like myself.
Userlevel 7
Darren Milligan wrote:

I agree with Nicole, I would love to have unlimited data,even if its just for a month or 2 out of...

In that case, I would recommend an HSPA turbo hub, stick, or portable hotspot with a data-only plan SIM card, as those give you better data rates but no calls/texting.
Userlevel 1
Data is where the money is for cell phones, which is why minutes are being handed out like Halloween candy, especially with the upcoming 2 year plans, and even a bit of data is at a premium. There will be no unlimited data, from anybody, anytime in the near future. As has been mentioned, Wind, Mobilicity etc throttle their data after a certain point, making the data functionally useless. If there were unlimited data options, you'd be paying triple digit dollar bills. Rest assured on that.
Userlevel 7
Data rates just increased like crazy so I doubt unlimited data anytime soon for Koodo. Le sigh~
Userlevel 5
We all want unlimited data. Will it happen? Idk.
John Lee wrote:

We all want unlimited data. Will it happen? Idk.

The only unlimited data I want, is from my ISP. I don't need unlimited mobile data.