Koodo Community
Solved

Unexpected add-on charges

When I signed up for my Koodo number in August 2019, I was provided with a bonus 0$ add-on which allowed free 1000 minutes of talk time to some specific countries. This month, for April, I get this $2 extra bill for that. I'm not sure why.

Note: I'm on a tab plan for my phone which won't be done till August 2021.

I want to know why I was charged for the add-on. Removing the add-on is not convenient since I do call international for about 20 minutes a month maybe.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 1 May 2021, 03:06

There was a recent price increase on that add-on from $0-$2/month. You should have received notification of this on the last page of the last bill before the price increase.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There was a recent price increase on that add-on from $0-$2/month. You should have received notification of this on the last page of the last bill before the price increase.

If i cancel this add on, do i lose my plan, I have no use for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If i cancel this add on, do i lose my plan, I have no use for it.

If you have no use for it then you can remove it through your selfserve account. You will not lose your plan if you remove it, you'll simply lose the add-on

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Anirban Looks like you have successfully removed the add-on. Just a heads up the 20 minutes of calling you mentioned  would cost you roughly $10 vs $2 with the add-on (for up to 1,000).