Koodo Community
Solved

Unable to validate any records of your credit information

• 27 October 2020
  • 9 replies

I’ve now tried twice, thinking it was a mistake, and I’ve been denied. I’m using a Visa with a 5k limit, have 9 years of credit history, and a credit score in the 800s. I don’t understand how they can’t validate this, and the last time I asked for a callback nobody called. Has anyone else experienced this? Do any Koodo folks come through here to help people out? 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 27 October 2020, 17:22

New customer. Visa has been replaced relatively recently as card was due to expire. It's the same number however, and I used the new card in my application. My first application I used the old card, and figured I was denied because it was due to expire soon. 

The only thing I can think of is that the expiry date on the new card is different from that of the old credit card which might be causing the validation error. I’ll flag a rep to see what can be done.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Update: I pulled a credit report from Equifax. Nothing weird, all accounts paid as agreed and in good standing. I can also see Telus pulled my report in September, so unsure how Koodo can’t confirm my information. 

Badge +4

Are you a new or existing Koodo customer?

Have you replaced your VISA card at any point in time?

If you’re an existing Koodo customer, the credit card on file may not match if you’ve replaced your VISA card at some point. It’s also possible there may be a system glitch.

Official Koodo reps monitor this community and we (Mobile Masters) can flag a rep to take a closer look. On occasion, official Koodo reps will jump in to offer assistance, though, at this hour, that’s unlikely. Let’s get my questions out of the way first and take it from there.

Are you a new or existing Koodo customer?

Have you replaced your VISA card at any point in time?

If you’re an existing Koodo customer, the credit card on file may not match if you’ve replaced your VISA card at some point. It’s also possible there may be a system glitch.

Official Koodo reps monitor this community and we (Mobile Masters) can flag a rep to take a closer look. On occasion, official Koodo reps will jump in to offer assistance, though, at this hour, that’s unlikely. Let’s get my questions out of the way first and take it from there.

New customer. Visa has been replaced relatively recently as card was due to expire. It's the same number however, and I used the new card in my application. My first application I used the old card, and figured I was denied because it was due to expire soon. 

Badge +4

The only thing I can think of is that the expiry date on the new card is different from that of the old credit card which might be causing the validation error. I’ll flag a rep to see what can be done.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue but my credit card expires in 2023. I tried twice with my visa credit card and DL. My credit limit is high and score is decent/good. The system initially said credit check was successful but after around 12 hours I got an email stating credit file could not be validated. Not sure what's going on.

Any ideas ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

I am facing the same issue but my credit card expires in 2023. I tried twice with my visa credit card and DL. My credit limit is high and score is decent/good. The system initially said credit check was successful but after around 12 hours I got an email stating credit file could not be validated. Not sure what's going on.

Any ideas ? 

Does your credit card billing address match that of your DL and application?

Yes, it does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then it is too difficult to determine the reason why it is failing.  Koodo usually has stringent checks and controls to prevent fraud.  Sometimes it is too stringent which may kick out legit applicants. My recommendation would be to go to a kiosk to sign up

Yeah, will do that. Thanks!