Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unable to send outgoing texts from the UK

I am currently in the UK and unable to send outgoing texts. When I try to do so, the circle spins and it says it is sending but always fails (times out?). No explanation. Just a red triangle with an exclamation mark inside. I have tried to send texts to Koodo at 5242 to get a text plan as well as to a regular using the international format for calls to North America. Any ideas what in causing this and what I can do about it?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Login to self serve and add the free add on 'international voice roaming'
I already have international voice roaming ...
Userlevel 7
BERNARD CHARTRAND wrote:

I already have international voice roaming ...

Have you tried restarting the device?, is it a regular text you're trying to send or a picture message?
Userlevel 6
Hey Bernard! What type of phone do you have? Do you see a network signal?
Sorry - I should have mentioned that. It is an LG G3. As for network signal, not exactly sure what to look for, but if that is the symbol immediately to the left of the wireless signal (yes I do have that too) then yes I do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"I have tried to send texts to Koodo at 5242 to get a text plan"

This method of selecting add-ons only works before you leave Canada. When you try to send a text to 5242 while you're on a network different than Koodo's, that text cannot be routed properly.

Are you able to make phone calls or is that also a problem.
Yes I am able to make phone calls
 ... and how would I access the text plan after leaving Canada ...?
Userlevel 6
Is this only happening with one contact or with multiple contacts? Are you able to receive incoming messages? If you're able to receive a text, can you try to reply to that person in the same conversation? You do not need to change the format of the phone number when texting a number from abroad. Keep us posted! - Melissa
Melissa wrote:

Is this only happening with one contact or with multiple contacts? Are you able to receive incomi...

Thanks for you note Melissa.

No it is not just one contact. Yes, I can receive incoming texts. And no I can't reply to them. I tested this out by  asking someone to send me a test text. Which I received, but could not reply to. Bern 
Userlevel 7
Melissa wrote:

Is this only happening with one contact or with multiple contacts? Are you able to receive incomi...

Have you tried using a different Messaging App or clearing the cache and data from your current app?
Melissa wrote:

I cleared the cache and data without success. I am able to use FB messenger. Thanks