Koodo Community

Community

Solved

unable to make calls

So my base plan allows me to make unlimited calls after 5pm and unlimited incoming calls. My plan has Been topped up but I am unable to make calls after five its always telling me I need a booster and when people try calling me they are unable to also. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Please let me know what can be done.

14 replies

Make sure your in your calling area. Also make sure the base plan you selected is active. Log on to your self serve account online to make sure everything is correct.
I just checked and everything is fine, my plan is active. I don't know what to do, I need to be able to make calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does 911 work?
Robert wrote:

Does 911 work?

HAHA, I wouldn't know I'm not going to call them just to see if my phone is working or not. I just need to know why my phone isn't letting me make calls or receive them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Does 911 work?

If you can't call 911 (I'm not kidding btw even if it would've been a good joke), than it means you have no service at all during this time which would be really weird. Just tell them you've touched a wrong number. Make as if you didn't expect to call them 😉
Robert wrote:

Does 911 work?

Is there any other way I can find out, I don't really want to call 911? (:
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Does 911 work?

I don't know, only idea that came through my mind since even when you have low service you can make a 911 call... Try calling Koodo *611 from your phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Does 911 work?

The 911 calling is a bit of a strange suggestion (with all due respect), because ALL carriers allow 911 calls on ALL phones, even ones without any SIM card! Besides I really don't think they'd be amused if they were used as a testing service... and neither would you if you called them when you really needed them and couldn't get through because of another person testing 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Does 911 work?

I didn't know a phone without a SIM card could call 911... You sure about that? It was the only idea I had to see if the phone is having connection problem during this time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Does 911 work?

Yep, I'm positive 🙂 Of course you'd need to be within any carrier's reach, but ALL carriers will get your call to the emergency service no matter who you're with 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Henry, I suggest you call *611 and talk to a representative to ask why you don't get incoming calls... based on your plan, you really should be getting them especially if you are within your "local" area!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

Henry, I suggest you call *611 and talk to a representative to ask why you don't get incoming cal...

I maybe thought this might be the problem too, after reading through the prepaid plans "(4) When outside your local calling area, a Canada-wide Talk Booster add-on is required for incoming calls. "
Sophia wrote:

Henry, I suggest you call *611 and talk to a representative to ask why you don't get incoming cal...

Thanks yea I am going to call them tomorrow, they're closed now. ): Thanks guys (:
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

No problem! Best of luck!