Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Unable to access my voice mail

So I just changed my phone number yesterday and now I cannot access my voice mail. With the old number, I used to call my own number, then enter my password as asked, and then proceed to check my messages. After changing my number, when I call my own number I am greeted by a welcome message and asked to enter a mailbox number or press # if I want to access my own mailbox. After pressing # I am asked to enter the number of the mailbox I would like to log in. I enter my phone number again just to be told that this is not a valid mailbox number. Has this happened to anyone else? I gave it a day before posting this in case mailbox setup was not instant. Thx.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from the phone itself? Only reason I ask is from what I read it seems like you're calling from a different phone. But when it comes to changing your phone number, often what happens is you may need to set up a new voicemail inbox because it needs to be registered for the new number and the old one is no longer available.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from...

Thanks Daniel. I am using the phone itself to access the mailbox. I have no idea how to create a new voicemail inbox if that is what's needed.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from...

No problem! 🙂 Generally from most cell phones you just press and hold 1 on the dial pad and it will call into the voicemail and it should ask you to set up your voicemail inbox.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Heh, who would've thought!? that did the trick! Thanks a lot bud!
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

You're very welcome. That's what we're here for! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Hi there, Since you have changed your phone number, you have to setup your new Voicemail. Have a look at this link: http://koo.do/U5DTcF. Hope this helps. Thanks ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.