Koodo Community
Question

Unable to access my voice mail

• 20 August 2014
  • 6 replies

So I just changed my phone number yesterday and now I cannot access my voice mail. With the old number, I used to call my own number, then enter my password as asked, and then proceed to check my messages. After changing my number, when I call my own number I am greeted by a welcome message and asked to enter a mailbox number or press # if I want to access my own mailbox. After pressing # I am asked to enter the number of the mailbox I would like to log in. I enter my phone number again just to be told that this is not a valid mailbox number. Has this happened to anyone else? I gave it a day before posting this in case mailbox setup was not instant. Thx.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from the phone itself? Only reason I ask is from what I read it seems like you're calling from a different phone. But when it comes to changing your phone number, often what happens is you may need to set up a new voicemail inbox because it needs to be registered for the new number and the old one is no longer available.
When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from...Thanks Daniel. I am using the phone itself to access the mailbox. I have no idea how to create a new voicemail inbox if that is what's needed.
Userlevel 6
When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from...No problem! 🙂 Generally from most cell phones you just press and hold 1 on the dial pad and it will call into the voicemail and it should ask you to set up your voicemail inbox.
When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from...Heh, who would've thought!? that did the trick! Thanks a lot bud!
Userlevel 6
When you call to check your voicemail are you calling into it from a different phone line or from...You're very welcome. That's what we're here for! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi there, Since you have changed your phone number, you have to setup your new Voicemail. Have a look at this link: http://koo.do/U5DTcF. Hope this helps. Thanks ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.