Koodo Community

Community

Solved

U.S. Roaming Add-ons

If I add the $45 U.S. Roaming Add-ons for 30 days (unlimited talk and text), can I make calls from the United States to Canada without any charges?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can, but it will use your airtime minutes Here's the info for roaming packages in the US : http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling

Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Yes you can, but it will use your airtime minutes Here's the info for roaming packages in the ...

Hi Robert, it will not use airtime as US to Canada calling is included in the add-on 🙂 Thank you!
Robert wrote:

Yes you can, but it will use your airtime minutes Here's the info for roaming packages in the ...

can u use the unlimited anytime minutes & text with pay as u go?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

If you have a prepaid account, you can't use it outside of the country.
http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/coverage-maps/can-i-travel-outside-of-canada-with-my-koodo-prepa...
So I would have unlimited talk time calling Canada from United States whenever I want to and all I would be charged is the $45, right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Probably up to the limit of your current Cdn minutes plan. Just to muddy the waters, maybe Koodo rep can chime in if you take 5 essentials (free calling to 5 favourite Cdn numbers) + 30 day US roaming???
If I was in the United States with the add-on: (here's the stupid question part lol) do I turn my roaming on or leave my settings as they were when I was in Canada with roaming off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Roaming off = no connection to outside networks. These add-ons are just a different way of billing you. I would assume you leave roaming ON. But that could make an A** out of U and ME unless we get an official reponse.
So my niece is in the United States, add-on was activated 2 days ago. She called me (on another phone) that her cell is not working. Does she have to change any settings to make/receive phone calls?
Her data roaming is off as the add-on is only for unlimited talk and text. When she sent a text to me, a message came up and said it will try to send it later. The settings shows no connectivity to cell service only to emergency calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's Android: Settings => More networks => Mobile networks => Network operators (will take a while to search) => Select automatically might make your connection in the US work. The add-on ONLY works from the phone you bought it for. If your niece is on another plan/carrier, it has nothing to do with your situation.
I'll get her to try that. She also has Koodo under my plan.
Thanks so much Robert...you really helped her out!! Her phone is back in service