Koodo Community
Solved

Txt Offer deleted from phone before activation response.

• 22 November 2020
  • 3 replies

My wife and I each received the 2GIG for 2Gb offer via txt. We both were confused as to its wording. With some free time to investigate, I deceiferred  the message and replied successfully getting the additional  2gb  added. However, I then discovered that my wife deleted her txt so now we can’t find a way of ‘accepting’ the offer for her phone. :/

icon

Best answer by Rick Cleland 22 November 2020, 20:07

Resolved the problem myself!!! Yay. 

I created a contact on her phone using the 4 digit number the offer was sent to our phones. I used that contact to create a txt in which I simply quoted the reply that their original txt offer suggested …… “2Gig” 

Confirmation was instant and when I checked the account, it was being displayed there too. 

Thanks for the Gift Koodo. Just wish you proofread your txt messages for grammar that is clear and not so ambiguous.

View original

3 replies

Resolved the problem myself!!! Yay. 

I created a contact on her phone using the 4 digit number the offer was sent to our phones. I used that contact to create a txt in which I simply quoted the reply that their original txt offer suggested …… “2Gig” 

Confirmation was instant and when I checked the account, it was being displayed there too. 

Thanks for the Gift Koodo. Just wish you proofread your txt messages for grammar that is clear and not so ambiguous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Rick Cleland I certainly am happy you were able to solve it yourself!  I am disappointed in us and our team that may not have done the best job at creating an easily understandable message. :-(  Would you be kind enough to share what threw you off? I’d like to take it back to team and question their thoughts.  Thanks in advance Rick! 

@Rick Cleland I certainly am happy you were able to solve it yourself!  I am disappointed in us and our team that may not have done the best job at creating an easily understandable message. :-(  Would you be kind enough to share what threw you off? I’d like to take it back to team and question their thoughts.  Thanks in advance Rick! 

Hi Bernard,

Both my wife and I could not determine for certainty from the wording, as written,  whether the FREE gift of 2Gb would simply be added to our existing 2Gb or if we would be agreeing to upgrade our plan(s) by paying for an extra 2Gb and get an additional 2Gb free.  (in which case we would end up with 6Gb) 

Also, the REPLY suggested was a whole sentence which I had terrible trouble trying to selectively copy whereas in fact, simply replying with “2GIG”  was all that was necessary.  I typed that in without copy/pasting! So that part could also have been worded better using punctuation that indicated the necessary Reply.  e.g. Reply with “2Gig” to receive the extra 2Gb of monthly data on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

-or-    [ and similar fo the long-distance minutes offer]

Even my English neighbours found it confusing for the same reasons when I asked I asked them a few minutes ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to give feedback.