Koodo Community
Solved

two prices for same plan

• 3 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Koodo, on your website with regional  set as Ontario (where I am) I see 50$ 10gb plan. I log into my portal to get this plan since i now pay 60$ 10gb  (it was 50$ when i signed up for it) and.... plan costs more. 

Why do you advertise a plan, then change the price when the user logs in? A little sprinkle of false and misleading  advertising.

What is the resolution?

. I own my phone, bought it from the manufacturer direct. I'm not under contracts with any mobile plans or phones.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 4 April 2021, 00:14

It is a promotion plan. In the description it said “Available on new activations and upgrades. Not available on rate plan change for existing customers.” 

If you would like that plan as an existing customer, you would have to upgrade your phone .

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo, on your website with regional  set as Ontario (where I am) I see 50$ 10gb plan. I log into my portal to get this plan since i now pay 60$ 10gb  (it was 50$ when i signed up for it) and.... plan costs more. 

Why do you advertise a plan, then change the price when the user logs in? A little sprinkle of false and misleading  advertising.

What is the resolution?

. I own my phone, bought it from the manufacturer direct. I'm not under contracts with any mobile plans or phones.

As @Dinh mentioned, you can only get the plan if you upgrade your phone as an existing Koodo customer. If you don’t want to do that, there is the option to switch carriers. From what I know, Fido and Virgin Mobile are still offering the 10GB plan for $50. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is a promotion plan. In the description it said “Available on new activations and upgrades. Not available on rate plan change for existing customers.” 

If you would like that plan as an existing customer, you would have to upgrade your phone .