Koodo Community
Question

two phones on one account

For the $60 Canada-wide data plan, there’s a footnote 5 that says “calls must be made within Canada. Applies to calls made between phones on the same account” So does it mean I can have two phones on the same account? Can I sign up one phone first, and add the second phone later? Thanks

8 replies

You can get more than one telephone (depends on your credit risk level) on your account. Calls between those two users are for free and unlimited, check details of the plan if that is canada wide or just local calling time. You need to activate one account first and then you need to add a subscriber (another user with another phone, another tab, another plan) If you have an unlocked phone you need a Sim only and activate it. Easy as that! XD
Userlevel 1
Hi Sophia, I think your explanation clarified things a little more. So what I understand now ...1: You cannot avoid the fee. It doesn't matter whether it's a new account or a current active account. 2: You cannot get the tab referral because both accounts are active. Only brand new accounts being activate can qualify for the tab referral.
Hi Sophia, I think your explanation clarified things a little more. So what I understand now ...So both need to be on the SAME credit card. Thanks for the prompt response! 1. Now about the fee, can I avoid the $25 Charge if it's a brand new account and I just set up the joined account right away? 2. In the case above regardless of the fee, can I refer the family member to get tab credit?
Userlevel 1
Hi Sophia, I think your explanation clarified things a little more. So what I understand now ...One would request a transfer of ownership into the other account. Family member A: Calls in and says that he would like to transfer his account into Family member B. Family member B: confirms the acceptance of the transfer. As long as there's no past due balance on the account, the account is then transferred over and the receiving account receives a $25 fee which is applied to the bill.
Hi Sophia, I think your explanation clarified things a little more. So what I understand now ...So say two family members have separate koodo plans and phones, how can their accounts be joined? Is it the same credit card? Same mailing address? Last name?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Sophia, I think your explanation clarified things a little more. So what I understand now ...yes but you won't be able to share the $60 plan for the second phone, you will need to pick another plan that's available at the time of activating the second phone for that second phone. You will however have free calling between those 2 phones on top of each of the 2 plans you will have after adding the second phone to the same account. (might already have got this but thought I'd add more just so your not disappointed in the future as some ppl think it means you can share 1 plan between 2 phones)
Hi Sophia, I think your explanation clarified things a little more. So what I understand now is that, say I sign up for the $60 Canada-wide data plan with an unlocked phone (with Koodo SIM of course). Some time in the future, I got myself another unlocked phone (with Koodo SIM). Can I then add this phone into the same account? The account with the $60 plan? Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Bobby, I'm a bit unclear what you mean by two phones on one account... you can have as many phones as you like, but only one active SIM (number) on one phone at the time. On the other hand, you can have up to 4 or 5 plans under one account (if you are not on a restricted account), each with their own number and phone... If I misunderstood, please ask 😃