Koodo Community
Solved

trying to get seasonal hold but..

• 29 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m leaving Canada in a few days for at least three months and so I’m trying to put my plan on seasonal hold. My current plan has no call minutes and I only have 1GB of data. Will I be charged if I request a call back? 

I’ve tried to contact KOODO on facebook as I saw I didn’t have to call them with my number (I feared I would get charged so..) but the link they gave me for authentication kept saying failed to verify.

I’m just hoping I don’t get charged for call back.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 29 May 2020, 23:01

They won't charge  you for callback. However, what did happen with the failed authentication? Can you access your selfserve account normally? 

The seasonal hold cost is $15/month. If you are cost-sensitive, it might not be the best choice if you simply want to keep your number. 

So even if my plan does not include minutes for calls, I don’t get charged? And I have no idea, I can log into self serve no problem, but when I use FB to contact KOODO they send me a link that keeps saying verification failed.

I would suggest you double check the password for the selfserve again (you could try to change the password to make sure you enter correctly). They need the authentication tool to make sure it was you who contacted them.

Regarding the callback, what plan are you on? You could schedule a callback to a different number, which you can receive calls normally. Go to their digital assistant www.koodo.com/chat and type “#helpSS”. It should help.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They won't charge  you for callback. However, what did happen with the failed authentication? Can you access your selfserve account normally? 

The seasonal hold cost is $15/month. If you are cost-sensitive, it might not be the best choice if you simply want to keep your number. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there another number you can use to receive a call? You could use it and request a callback.

So even if my plan does not include minutes for calls, I don’t get charged? And I have no idea, I can log into self serve no problem, but when I use FB to contact KOODO they send me a link that keeps saying verification failed.

Is there another number you can use to receive a call? You could use it and request a callback.

I can call using a different number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would suggest you double check the password for the selfserve again (you could try to change the password to make sure you enter correctly). They need the authentication tool to make sure it was you who contacted them.

Regarding the callback, what plan are you on? You could schedule a callback to a different number, which you can receive calls normally. Go to their digital assistant www.koodo.com/chat and type “#helpSS”. It should help.