Koodo Community

Trying to cancel protection plan

Userlevel 1
Got a new phone and was persuaded to get the protection plan. After thinking about it, I decided to cancel it so i followed the instructions that Koodo had emailed me and went to the Koodo store as I was within the 15 day timeframe to get a refund. As soon as I opened my mouth, I was told that it can’t be cancelled it in store. I tried to explain I was just following the instructions I was given by Koodo but she told to get out of the store. When I tried to show her the relevant information, she refused to even look at it. and was just plain rude.

I tried to tell another rep and showed him the relevant page from the email and was where I got it from. When I said Koodo, was told he had never seen it before and I had to do it on-line or phone Koodo.

Well, no I can’t do it online until 14 days have elapsed. What a coincidence since after 15 days, I can’t get a full refund. And if I do to by phone or email, I get charged $10 to cancel a $9 plan. At this point, I begin to understand why some people think so poorly of Koodo. It's not the Koodo I thought it was.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Voyager Can you pls also share the store location you were told the above? And no, you are not charged $10 for something that you can't do yourself online. Are you getting an error message re the 14 days?
@Voyager

This link also states that cancelling within 15 days has to be done in-store.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/koodo-phone-protection-plan
Userlevel 1
It was the Koodo store in Champlain Mall, Brossard, Quebec. Same response from both people there.

Not getting a error massage. Getting "You can’t change your plan or add-on’s within 14 days of activating or upgrading your phone. Please try again after the 14 day period is over to make this change."

Oh, also sent a private message through FaceBook.
Userlevel 1
Thanks Mats. Yep, you know that, I know that. Unfortunately the staff at the store don't or just refuse to do it. Either lack of training or ....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Voyager Thanks! Someone will definitely help you out on. I will also call the store myself and talk with the store manager to find out where they get their info from.

I'm trying to look up your account to make sure everything is going to be looked after, but the email you used here doesn't correspond with an account that I could find. What time did you send the private message?
Userlevel 1
Hi Bernard,

I sent the message at 11:40 AM.. I use different emails for different purposes.

Good luck with that phone call. Hopefully, it was just faulty information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Voyager Thanks! I now see the rep you purchased the phone from.
Userlevel 1
Great! But I don't think he he was the one I talk to today. Certainly not the young "lady".
Userlevel 1
Just a follow-up.
Received a PM on Facebook Sunday and was told to use Koodo Assist and set up a call back, which I did. Got a call back on Monday morning. Told the rep what I wanted and he said that he had just cancelled the plan.

Would have been much simpler if the store had just done what they’re supposed to have done in the first place. And from their actions, I would be surprised if this was the first time that they’d done it. Which is disturbing since people such as them are Koodo's public face and their actions, unfortunately, do not reflect well on Koodo.