Koodo Community
Solved

Trouble joining Koodo

• 30 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I ordered a phone the other but I received an email just now saying it was cancelled due to the system not being able to credit check my card. Is activating in store the only way? I don't want to miss out on the Boxing Day Online Sale and I don't have a credit card. Only Debit I have

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 30 December 2020, 16:33

You put your debit card number? I think that’s why your order was canceled .

They need valid Canadian issued credit card for online order.

Also, if you go to a store to open a monthly account, they need to run a credit check.  Here is a link about credit check.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/credit-check-requirements?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Credit%20check

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You put your debit card number? I think that’s why your order was canceled .

They need valid Canadian issued credit card for online order.

Also, if you go to a store to open a monthly account, they need to run a credit check.  Here is a link about credit check.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/credit-check-requirements?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Credit%20check

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ahh thats why it was denied. For the credit check a credit card needs to be used, not a debit card.

if you wish to sign up in store you will need the following:

To complete a credit check at a Koodo store or retail partner, you’ll need to provide your name, date of birth, and one of the following:

• Canadian Driver’s License, or
  • Canadian SIN card or Letter, or
  • Canadian Credit Card

Plus, any one of the following pieces of photo identification:

• Valid Canadian Driver’s License (a driver’s license can’t be used for both photo ID and a credit check assessment)
  • Valid Passport (Canadian or foreign)
  • Work Visa
  • Department of Defense ID
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Native Indian Status Card
  • CNIB Card
  • Valid Provincial/Territorial Photo ID (government-issued)
  • Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)

So if I active in store, are the Boxing day deals still available? Also Ontario Photo Card counts as identification right?

Badge +4

Yes, that would fall under Valid Provincial/Territorial Photo ID (government-issued).

“An Ontario Photo Card is a wallet-sized card that provides government-issued identification to those Ontarians who do not have a driver’s licence, making it easier for them to do things such as open a bank account and perform any other activities that require official identification”.

Ontario Photo Card

Badge +4

@Avengersman Koodo’s Winter Sale is on until January 4, 2021, 11:59 pm ET or while quantities last.

“Only available for new customers activating on Koodo on select phones or BYOD. Not eligible for current Koodo customers. Offer valid from December 17, 2020, to January 4, 2021, at 11:59 pm ET or while quantities last. The offer is available to new and renewing customers online and available only to new customers in Koodo Shops. The offer cannot be redeemed in-store or by contacting Client Care”.

Koodo WInter Sale - click the Nitty Gritty link at the bottom of that page for more information.

Thanks guys. That was very helpful 👍