Koodo Community
Question

Trouble changing rate plan

• 8 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello! I’m currently on a $45/month 2gb plan.  I see there is a promotion going on for a $45/month 4gb plan.  I’m trying to change to this in Self Serve, but it’s only showing me the option of the $45/month 2gb plan.  How do I change to the 4gb plan without incurring a fee?

8 replies

Same here! it forces me to pick a phone but I am already a Koodo customer and have a phone, with no tab balance….

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello! I’m currently on a $45/month 2gb plan.  I see there is a promotion going on for a $45/month 4gb plan.  I’m trying to change to this in Self Serve, but it’s only showing me the option of the $45/month 2gb plan.  How do I change to the 4gb plan without incurring a fee?

For existing Koodo customers, you need to upgrade your phone in order to get the promotion. 

What if I cancel my plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If losing your number is satisfactory to you, canceling your plan is an option, but you might be wiser to port to another carrier, keeping your number. You may find the requirements are the same, though - you have to buy a phone to get the plan.

Okay and how does the Tab Bonus work?  ie. the S20 FE 5G has a $530 Tab Bonus, is that just a credit applied to the account (so the phone would be $70 basically instead of $600)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay and how does the Tab Bonus work?  ie. the S20 FE 5G has a $530 Tab Bonus, is that just a credit applied to the account (so the phone would be $70 basically instead of $600)?

The S20 FE 5G is $1130 phone.

Ex; If you use Tab Plus: your upfront cost is $0.  And tab fee is $25/mo for next 24 months.          You pay $600 into the phone with Tab.

Tab bonus is $530 which Koodo will cover it for you as long as you keep your service with Koodo and using the phone.    If you cancel or upgrade your phone, then you have to pay back remaining tab balance and partial of tab bonus.

Say if you cancel after 12 month, you need to pay remaining of $300 tab balance , Plus $265 of tab bonus.

More info for Tab bonus:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Phone%20credit

Does it usually take this long for the Facebook Messenger team to respond?  Things were going fast at first and now it's been five hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does it usually take this long for the Facebook Messenger team to respond?  Things were going fast at first and now it's been five hours.

Its not a live chat.  just be patient and a rep will eventually respond