Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Trip to Australia

Hello, If I go on trip in Australia for 1 month, is there an add-on or a special feature that I can add to my account? I mean if I bring my cellphone in Australia and use it there with my Canadian number. (No extra fees, the same add-on as if I go in USA) Thank you very much!

12 replies

Userlevel 6
You are better of to just unlock your phone and get a SIM card from one of the local phone companies in Australia. Even at the airport. It will be much cheaper to keep in touch that way with folks back at home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can get an add on, but the add on will give you pay per use rates. Check out the add on and the rates here: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/Travelling
Userlevel 6
No there's no Australian add-on so you'll be charged for roaming unless you switch out your SIM as mentioned above.
And with going overseas, you would need the LDSaver + the International Voice roaming, and that's assuming you qualify for it.
Userlevel 1
Koodo has intl add-ons that you can add before going on trip, int'l Data Roaming int'l Voice Roaming just call Koodo to find out more about this.
MatB wrote:

Koodo has intl add-ons that you can add before going on trip, int'l Data Roaming int'l Voice R...

I said this 17 minutes ago, any explaination as to why you're repeating the same information Mat?
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

Koodo has intl add-ons that you can add before going on trip, int'l Data Roaming int'l Voice R...

I just added that it should be done by Koodo rep.
MatB wrote:

I'm pretty sure only a Koodo rep can add it.
Userlevel 4
MatB wrote:

You are correct
Userlevel 6
MatB wrote:

Why are you guys complicating this poor chap's life? 🙂 Unlock phone, get a SIM when you land and life is going to be much easier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

I thought the bloke wanted to use it there with the canadian number. At least thats how i read it
Userlevel 6
MatB wrote:

Maybe so, but he was likely not aware of how expensive that would be or what alternatives he had. 🙂