Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Tried calling Koodo each time over 1 1/2 hour wait we're having data issues bill issues to resolve any ideas

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Could you further explain the issues? We may be able to help out.
Allan wrote:

When our data runs out we have no option in our self serve to add top up 1gb for 20 $ instead we have no choice but to pay 7$ for 100 MB. The top up option used to be there but no longer. Seems like the self serve option is always changing, for example while changing plans for example the other day to fix the above problem there was no data amount attached to the individual plans. First time I seen this however. For the above problem, We would've preferred to top up 1gb for 20$ now we have to call and get a refund on the data used on the 7$ for 100 mb. Would be nice to speak to a human being, my wife was on hold for 3 hours on Friday I was for 1 hour 1/2 on Friday too. Today was on hold twice for 1 hour 1/2 any ideas
Userlevel 7
Allan wrote:

Normally you'll get a text to add data options past your allotment. You'd reply yes if you want to continue.

Make sure your notifications are on in your account or you won't get the text.

If you're constantly going over your allotment you may want to switch to a plan with a bigger allotment if there is one. Hold times are beyond ridiculous here. You're better off to send Koodo a Facebook message or a Twitter DM and deal with your refund request that way.
Allan wrote:

No Facebook here sorry , my data top up is 7$ for 100mb. I know I have the 20$ 1gb option but is no longer available in self serve or text
Userlevel 7
Allan wrote:

You may want to consider opening a Twitter or Facebook account solely for the purpose of dealing with stuff like this. doing so may save you time in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

@Nigel, this is the notification that was sent today. When you click on the link in the message you should see the the $20 1gb option. Did you try that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

There is a link to self serve for more option in the text message. 
Connect your phone to network (data on) and login to self serve to add 1GB for $20.

Allan wrote:

Thanks all for your help. I added 1 gb to the phone in question, in trying to change to a higher data plan I chose the 85 $ 4 Gb + 2 go plan to remedy the data running out, I did this on Friday when all the companies were advertising koodos 85 4+2 gb deal Black Friday sale. Did not register at time at self serve it had no data on any plans at the time. I went ahead screen shot the Best Buy deal and says existing customers as well. Now only have the 4 gb on my plan. Thought I needed to talk to someone to remedy, wanted to change my wife's plan as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

2GB bonus is for customers who renew/upgrade their phone and picked one of those selected plan.