Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Travelling to the US. Can Canadian numbers call me?

Quick question, I'm travelling to the US for a couple days and debating which to add on, just text or text and talking? Can a Canadian number call me with no charges while I'm in the US?  Or will I be charged for that call?  I don't plan to get many calls while I'm down there, just text mainly, so needing to know which to add on.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Holly,

As long as you are in the United States anything you do will be an added charge unless you get the appropriate add-on. 

You can get unlimited minutes and texts while in the United states for 20$ (3 days) or 30$ (10 days).

Visit the following link for more information about US add-ons: https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons
I know that anything I do will be an added charge, I'm wondering if someone from Canada calling me will charge me?
Userlevel 7
Holly wrote:

I know that anything I do will be an added charge, I'm wondering if someone from Canada calling m...

If you're roaming and you answer the call your plan rates apply. It makes no difference where the call originates from.
Userlevel 7
Holly wrote:

I know that anything I do will be an added charge, I'm wondering if someone from Canada calling m...

As I said: Yes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't have the US roaming add-on, you will get charged  for roaming as Mathieu and Chad said. $1.5/min for calling and $5 for up to 100 outgoing texts. 
So, 100 texts and 10 minutes phone call cost you  $20.

If you get  the  U.S. Unlimited Minutes & Text for $20(3 days), you can make unlimited texts plus you can make calls within US and to Canada as well as receiving unlimited while you are in the US.
So those add-on could save you money if you are expecting call from friends.

Your friend from Canada might get charge for long distance charge when they call you.
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

If you don't have the US roaming add-on, you will get charged  for roaming as Mathieu and Ch...

For the friend calling, if the OP's number is local for the friend it will remain local regardless where the OP is located is it not?
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

If you don't have the US roaming add-on, you will get charged  for roaming as Mathieu and Ch...

Regardless where the callee is located it is their phone number that dictates if a Caller is going to be charged long distance. So if the call was local for the Caller before then it still is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

whoops, thank you for pointing out. 
I was thinking Canadian friend calling US number...  Sorry for confusion.