Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Travelling to the UK

Next month I am visiting the Uk. I am not sure what I need to add to my plan so I can use my smart phone over there .I do not want to arrive back in Canada with a massive bill . I plan to use my smart phone mostly for data usage I do not plan to call out but you never know Any suggestions?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Troy... Since the plan is to use your phone for Data, I will suggest you to connect to wifi since data overseas is costly... Please read the following info... Travelling outside of Canada and the U.S.? Want to use your Koodo phone outside of Canada and the U.S.? Go to Koodo Self Serve and follow these simple steps. If you have a phone with a SIM card, Step 1: Go to the Plans and Add-ons page and select Add-ons. Add Int’l Dialing and LD Saver ($2/month) and International Voice Roaming ($0/month). By adding these features, you’ll be able to call and text, while travelling outside of Canada and the U.S. Step 2: After you’ve added the above two features successfully, return to the Plans and Add-ons page and add International Data Roaming. This feature will not be available until you complete Step 1. This is a $0 add-on and will enable you to use data services while travelling abroad. Just a heads up, you’ll only need to complete this step if you want to use data while travelling. If you’re not planning to use data, you can skip this step. If you have a phone without a SIM card, you simply need to add Int’l Dialing and LD Saver ($2/month). Without this feature, you will not be able to call or text. Once you complete these steps, you’ll be able to use your Koodo phone while travelling abroad, being charged at the pay-per-use rates below. And if you need, here are the rates...

Userlevel 4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there Troy... Since the plan is to use your phone for Data, I will suggest you to connect to w...

Flawless! GOLD STAR
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there Troy... Since the plan is to use your phone for Data, I will suggest you to connect to w...

Indeed. Nothing GUARANTEES a huge bill like using roaming data while overseas.
Thanks for the help I will be looking for a Wi fi connection while in the UK Troy
Userlevel 7
neelimarose wrote:

Some tips to save money on cell phone. 1.Check out what phone and plan best suit your needs.Yo...

this thread is 8 months old and are you advertising your unlocking service? advertisement is not allowed on this forum. Good day to you 🙂
Before traveling to UK : Think about how you want to use your phone abroad. Your monthly allowance probably won’t cover you for usage abroad so making and receiving calls, sending texts and using the internet or other data abroad could end up costing you more. To cut-off roaming charges you need to do the following aspects : 1. Request your provider to allow your mobile to use abroad or get your device unlocked by approaching any of the online providers . 2. After unlocking your mobile, you can simply buy local sim cards where you want to stay to use for text,internet,call etc . 3. If you don't want to swap networks, simply unlock your phone and use your current sim to use in abroad. You can ask your provider to reduce data roaming charges . Source : http://www.prounlocking.com/supported-phones/rs8wp7/