Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Travelling to Europe with LG Banter

My wife and I are travelling to France, England and Ireland. We both have LG Banter phones.
When I try to add International service, I get the message "No Data available"
Can we still use the phones for calling,each other and local calls in the country, and texting? Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Hey Peter! From Koodo's help section at the following address: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/Travelling we can read that: [i]"If you have a phone without a SIM card, you simply need to add Int’l Dialing and LD Saver ($2/month). Without this feature, you will not be able to call or text. Once you complete these steps, you’ll be able to use your Koodo phone while travelling abroad, being charged at the pay-per-use rates below." Since you have CDMA phones, according to Koodo, you simply need an add-on. You seem to be doing it right, but it seems like it's not working. Simply give them a call (*611 from your cellphone), they'll sort it out for you 🙂
Userlevel 6
Peter, I would consider picking up a couple of cheap phones in Europe. It could cost you less than using your canadian phones because of roaming charges. Unless you will only use the phones for a few texts and/or emergencies.
I doubt the CDMA phones will work internationally. CDMA outside of North America doesn't work.
Userlevel 6
I doubt it too... But I was simply copy/pasting what Koodo's own website had to say on SIMless phones used abroad.