Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Travelled Across the Boarder, came back, and now I have no service

I went to the states and came back in the same day, had service when i went across the boarder, didn't when i came back. My phone just says searching. Yes my bills are paid, I have taken the battery and SIM card out and put them back in, and I turned airplane mode on and off for a few minutes. nothing is working, I still have no service please help!!!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Make sure you didn't accidentally enable 2G networks in the settings. What phone are you using?
Userlevel 5
do as jonathan metioned. also a quick battery pull should do the trick. do you by any chance have the samsung evergreen?
yeah, I have the Evergreen. Do you get this problem a lot with that phone?
Userlevel 5
Cheryl Keyes wrote:

yeah, I have the Evergreen. Do you get this problem a lot with that phone?

yes this always happens with this phone. it usally results in having to get a new sim card. the phone for some reason gets stuck and wants to stick with the US towers and not Canadas . so just head down to the store tell them what happened and that you would like to get a new sim card 🙂
Userlevel 7
You might have to manually select the network. Go to Settings > Connectivity > Network Selection > Manual. After a while, Koodo should pop up. Select it. Do another battery/SIM pull and see if you can connect again.
Ok, i tried that but it keeps saying 'Network search failed'
Userlevel 2
Call in to Tech Support for additional assistance. They have tools that can help remedy this. Failing that, a network ticket can be logged.
well i would like to do that except my phone isn't working, That's the problem...
Userlevel 5
Cheryl Keyes wrote:

well i would like to do that except my phone isn't working, That's the problem...

I suggest going down to a KOODO kiosk and swap out the sim card for a new one . its the best bet at this point 🙂
Userlevel 2
Cheryl Keyes wrote:

You don't need to have your phone working. You can call Koodo from another phone. 1-866-995-6636.