Koodo Community
Question

Traveling to USA for 6 weeks

• 14 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi 

As in my Title I’m off on an extended 6 week road trip to USA.

I was looking at Koodo ‘Easy Roam’ 

It’s now $11/day BUT there is a promotion where the max I will pay is $60 (down from $100) during a 30 day billing cycle until Mar 31, 2022.

I don’t think I can do better by putting a new chip in while in USA?

Also I’m going to look up how to call forward my wife’s mobile to my number, so we don’t require two ‘Easy Roam’ plans.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm….For 6 weeks it would be tough to beat. Mint Mobile requires that yo buy in 3 month chunks, and you could get 4GB a month with unlimited talk for 45USD, at 15USD a month. But then you couldn’t call Canadian numbers back. Maybe some other MVNO or T-Mobile could do something decent monthly but with the 60 dollar promo, I’d probably just take it.

thanks Goran,

I’m looking through the ‘Easy Roam’ details, it must also include data? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Whoopsies I must make a correction. All of Mint Mobile’s plans include calls to Canada and Mexico. Only issue is you wouldn’t be able to receive calls from Canada due to you having an American number. You also get throttled data after the 4GB.

Will you have people calling by phone only? And cannot reach you by other messaging apps means?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thanks Goran,

I’m looking through the ‘Easy Roam’ details, it must also include data? 

So easy roam allows you to use your plan as it is in the country you roam in. You can call numbers in that country, and Canadian numbers. Whatever data amount your plan has, you can use freely.

If it doesn’t get too convoluted, you can setup a free VoIP number to receive calls still. It’ll use up cellular data or wifi, but it gives a free option to still receive calls. Or you can do callbacks after getting missed called or other options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow I wasn't aware of this sale. It's a weird sale to be honest. It looks like you need to start your roaming by March 31,2022. I don't think any one is making travel decisions based on this sale lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just make sure that if you already have easy roam on your line, that you remove it and re-add it as this promo is only available on the $11/day version of easy roam.