Koodo Community

Community

Solved

traveling to cuba

is there an add-on just for 7 days for a roaming package as I do not need the 30 days
icon

Best answer by Allan M 10 February 2017, 12:58

I dont believe so. The only two internatonal addons provided by Koodo are for 30 days.
You can buy a prepaid sim in Cuba but you will not get any data with it and roaming charges for data in Cuba are outrageous. ($10/MB Data). As well you will need to make sure your phone is capable of using 900 MHz GSM to use a local Cuban sim. Roaming charges for talk and text are $2.50/min and 60 cents/text outgoing, free incoming. If you plan on not using your phone much i would endure the roaming charges. If you plan on using data and some moderate usage with talk and text I would get the 40ALL add-on from Koodo. If you plan on some heavy usage with no data i would get a prepaid sim once you arrive in Cuba.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I dont believe so. The only two internatonal addons provided by Koodo are for 30 days.
You can buy a prepaid sim in Cuba but you will not get any data with it and roaming charges for data in Cuba are outrageous. ($10/MB Data). As well you will need to make sure your phone is capable of using 900 MHz GSM to use a local Cuban sim. Roaming charges for talk and text are $2.50/min and 60 cents/text outgoing, free incoming. If you plan on not using your phone much i would endure the roaming charges. If you plan on using data and some moderate usage with talk and text I would get the 40ALL add-on from Koodo. If you plan on some heavy usage with no data i would get a prepaid sim once you arrive in Cuba.