Koodo Community

Community

Solved

traveling to Argentina

My daughter is traveling to Argentina for a month. I want here to have texting privileges. How much extra does it cost and how do I get it put on to her phone?

5 replies

Hi Alison, Koodo unfortunately does not offer a texting plan to send texts in another country for a set price other then for the US. But, you do have options, either your daughter can text and pay per text, Argentina is located in Zone 2: Calling is $2.50 a minute Texting (SMS) is $0.60 an SMS Data is $10.00 per MB For more information: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling Your other option is that if she has been with Koodo for 90 days and her account is in good standing you can ask for her phone to be unlocked, it is $50, but then when she is down in Argentina she can just use one of the mobile providers there and hopefully text your number in Canada for one set price. Note: If you are on Koodo's current plans (any many before) they include international texting which means if your daughter picks option 2, you can text her for free while you are in Canada. 🙂 Hope your daughter enjoys her trip! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will have to add on the international Saver add-on and international voice roaming. With this, you will be charged $0.60 per SMS. You can find the details here: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/Travelling
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

You will have to add on the international Saver add-on and international voice roaming. With t...

Those features just allow roaming, it doesn't give you a cheaper rate or anything. It's still PPU at normal cost. Also, $0.60 per SMS sent AND received (charged for both incoming and outgoing texts)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A better option might be to have they phone unlocked and pop in an Argentina Sim card and get a prepaid plan there that has texting
Userlevel 6
Your best best as suggested by Dennis is to have her phone unlocked. She'll most likely be able to pick up a SIM card at the airport where she lands in Argentina. THis is the most economical solution.