Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Travel - e-mail problems in US

I am travelling in the US and I purchased a 3 day travel plan (3ALL) that includes 100MB of data but I am unable to receive e-mail. Text and voice work fine.....Any suggestions?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Turn data roaming on in your network settings
My data roaming is on - any other ideas??
Userlevel 7
Monica Lazenby wrote:

My data roaming is on - any other ideas??

What device do you have? Are you seeing a data connection ? Are you able to load web pages? Have you tried restating your device?
Device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Web browsing is fine and I did turn it completely off and then back on
Userlevel 7
Monica Lazenby wrote:

Device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Web browsing is fine and I did turn it completely off and then b...

Are you able to send email? What email app are you using? Gmail?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Monica Lazenby wrote:

Device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Web browsing is fine and I did turn it completely off and then b...

If browser works fine then there's no problem with the internet connection. It's more likely a problem with the mail application.
yes I can send e-mail but not receive - I am using Outlook - synched up with my work e-mail.
Userlevel 7
Monica Lazenby wrote:

yes I can send e-mail but not receive - I am using Outlook - synched up with my work e-mail.

You may need to contact your work IT department. They may have a policy regarding mail sent to an unknown network (like where you're roaming). They may have other configurations you'll need to adjust in your settings.
Userlevel 7
Monica Lazenby wrote:

I just did a little research and others have complained of this error also when using the outlook app on android. If you're using the outlook app Microsoft recommends uninstalling the app and then reinstalling and reconfiguring your account on the device. Alternately, the Gmail app can now handle accounts other than just Gmail and I believe outlook is one of them. You could try to add a new account to the Gmail app and see if that works.
for some reason it just started working again last night - if it stops again I will try to uninstall and reload the app Thanks for all your help !!