Koodo Community
Solved

Transfer plans with new phone?

I currentlty have the new "Canada-Wide Promotional Data Plan", but I will be switching my Blackberry to an Android phone at the end of the month. Is the plan transferrable, or will I have to get the new phone before the plans expire?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

What BB are you using ?
It may create confusion on the network and make some touchy things like MMS not work properly. I suggest you switch phones before the 22 November when the promotion is over. I know if you switch from android to BB it will certainely not work but for the other way around is risky if you value you internet.
Userlevel 6
Hi Amber, you will have to change your plan as the one you currently have is made for BlackBerrys and won’t work with an Android phone (and vice versa). Since the promotional Canada-wide data plans are not offered after November 22nd, I suggest that you get your phone before that date 🙂
Yannick wrote:

Hi Amber, you will have to change your plan as the one you currently have is made for BlackBerrys...

Okay. May I ask why, though? It's not a Blackberry specific plan, just the new promotional plan.
Userlevel 6
Yannick wrote:

Hi Amber, you will have to change your plan as the one you currently have is made for BlackBerrys...

It’s because of the data. To make it simple, BlackBerrys are using a different system to handle data. Because of this, your account must be provisioned with a specific setting that will let the data work on your phone. Even if you don’t see it, our Canada-wide data plans are divided in two: one for Blackberrys and one for other smartphones. They both include the same features though 🙂
Yannick wrote:

I still think that should be something small on your end and not have any bearing on my plan, but there's nothing I can do. Thanks for your help anyways.