Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Time to switch providers?

Userlevel 2
The competition has some very time limited pre-Xmas promos going on for those who have their own phones. Check out Redflagdeals.com under cellular. For example, there is a promo now for 10 GB data plus unlimited voice, texting, wifi calling, VoLTE  (no data leakage) and more for $60/month. Two [premium] carriers are price matching either, but one of them has a better reputation in honouring grandfathered plans. 

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Someone reported in that post, Koodo is doing price-matching tomorrow 😉 and remember it is for BC/AB mainly
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Someone reported in that post, Koodo is doing price-matching tomorrow 😉 and remember it is for B...

Does this answer the question? 

https://www.koodomobile.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Someone reported in that post, Koodo is doing price-matching tomorrow 😉 and remember it is for B...

Nice, oh, it is for Ontario also. LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Bernard, is the $60 price limited for a certain time (ex. first 6 months), or kept as long as you keep the plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

It seems to be a permanent plan. However, someone on redflag said it is strictly BYOD, no Tab ever.

It won't work for me if it is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

It is not limited to the first 6 months. It's ongoing. Of course that doesn't mean that, like we any other plan, that the price is for life. :-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Yeah, it's a good deal for some, but not for me. If it was something like 4 GB for 40, I'd jump on it. I don't really need 10 GB (or even 4 GB).
Dinh wrote:

@Bernard - plan details are not up yet (just the promo banner) is this plan a true 10GB plan or is it a lesser amount with a bonus? (eg Fido launched a 5GB plan with a temporary 5GB bonus for 10GB total)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

It is 10gb permanently.
Dinh wrote:

Someone on RFD claims they are able to order a phone with Medium Tab with this plan online. Another nice bug if true.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Good luck with that Dave. 
Dinh wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it works. Too lazy to try it though since I already got 10 GB and VoLTE for $56 thanks to Quebec. Also wouldn't be surprised if you delete my comments again for mentioning VoLTE. LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Sure, sure, sure. 
Dinh wrote:

I am just going to believe that you have another bug on your hand after seeing this screenshot. It is not mine but I have seen and taken advantage of enough bugs on your website anyway. Considering Koodo's track record with Upgrade orders with MB/SK/QC plans, I don't think anybody or anything is going to stop it from going through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Lol, how could they do it? I would have to pay off my Tab, port my number out and port back in to get the $60
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

How could they do what? Anyone can put whatever price they want on a picture to be posted here. What exactly does this prove? 
Dinh wrote:

Has claiming that somebody is faking a screenshot ever worked for you? If somebody wanted to fake something on a website, they would do it on a computer where it is a million times easier.

For some reason, you still believe that your website is going to function properly. Your chances of winning the lottery is higher than being correct. Let's not forget the bugs I showed on here. If the website lets you keep your current plan, the Web Store people don't even care.

Multiple people have now said on RFD that they can order Tab Medium on this plan online, after getting the plan without a Tab first.

Let me just say Bon appétit! and leave you to it.

Azure123, you don't need to port your number out. Koodo's "Support Team" is giving the plan to basically everyone who calls in and waits on hold a few hours. They are also giving discounts for paying off your Tab. They got some reasonable reps over there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

The $60 10GB is nice but no-Tab killed it. I got $50 5GB unlimited CW and Med. Tab in BC, so the new $60 wasn't that attractive.

But today I ported 1/2 of my Koodo number out, paying tab, and cutting cost due to some strange issues with Koodo network recently with my iPhone. I missed some incoming calls (randomly). Spending 3,4 hours with Koodo tech, and 3 visits to Apple store resulted in several network reset,a new SIM and a new swapped iPhone, but the iPhone was okay for 1 week then happened again. It didn't happen to my Android though, only with iPhone, so I doubted the issues could be either iOS 11 or nearby Telus/Koodo towers. My place is like 300m away from a Rogers/Telus cell tower, so signal was always strong.
Userlevel 6
Dinh wrote:

@Y Koodo is also offering another $60 plan that is Tab compatible and not the 10gb plan. The $60 plan with 10GB BYOD is strictly byod, if you upgrade right after it will ask you to change your plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

YDK......rather than being verbose, the answer is 'yes'.
Dinh wrote:

Erwin, did you try this yesterday? Unless you did, please don't come here with what you hear from Koodo's "official" sources like you did that last time. Let's not forget the time I proved here that I could change to a Tab Medium plan even though I had Tab Large. I would believe multiple people on a random website before believing Koodo or a Koodo rep.

Screenshot 1 is how a "normal" Koodo plan looks like when you try to check out. You can see the Minutes and Data. Since the $60 is bugged, in the second screenshot, which is again not mine, it doesn't even show the Minutes and Data.

Bernard, I remember the time there was some problem with Self Serve, I had to ask you something along the lines of Do you even look at Self Serve? Not a very good track record you have there. I am done with this conversation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

No worries Dave. So, your concern is the missing minute, data description next to the plan? Hard to follow your convo. Cheers!  
"no data leakage" LOL
Rogers is scared of Freedom Mobile, so they offer this plan. Then Bell/TELUS got scared of Rogers. TELUS, as always, is the last to offer a promotion (always first to increase prices.) Ontario is still getting gouged though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You-Do-Not-Know-Who wrote:

"no data leakage" LOL
Rogers is scared of Freedom Mobile, so they offer this plan. Then Bell/TELU...

I suppose gouging, like many things, is relative. You would likely know that all too well, given your field of interest. 
New activations only....*sigh*